Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I have roughly 1800 or so miles on the 2011 and the other day I was riding and experienced some bouts of what seemed like power loss. At first I thought maybe I was dragging the clutch as I had been riding with my fingers covering the clutch. I adjusted my riding and it did the same thing again.. So this time I was careful to pay attention for the rpm changes that would be associated with clutch slippage. I did a minor clutch adjustment and took off again the next evening for a ride. It happened again under pretty much the same conditions.. Hard acceleration as I was merging on the freeway and each time the RPMs are in the 9 to 10k range when these occurrences happen. I decided that maybe I had some bad gas so I want to drain the tank and examine the gas before I go further. (thinking possible plug or plug wire issues if it isn't gas) What is the best way to accomplish this? Is the fuel pump inside the tank? I have had everything loose to the point where only wires and hoses were holding the tank on but at that point I wasn't sure which line(s) should be disconnected to drain it.. Anyone drained the tank or had the tank off that can provide some insight?

Thanks
Tommy

·
Registered
220 Posts
You'll notice the fuel filter is outside the tank, under the pump assembly (which is inside).

Opening the flexible inlet line to the filer will allow the fuel to drain

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll notice the fuel filter is outside the tank, under the pump assembly (which is inside).

Opening the flexible inlet line to the filer will allow the fuel to drain
Ok thanks. Next question, with the pump being inside, will I have to turn the switch to on to engage the pump or will it flow without it? I usually disco the batt when working on or around fuel.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The fuel filter is upstream of the pump and is fed by gravity.

As such there is no need to turn the pump on at all - you can drain the fuel directly into any container as soon as you disconnect the inlet line, as the fuel will start to flow out of the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts