Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gauges – Dead! - Fixed

So I was on my daily lunch ride, its prety darn warm today, so I’m riding a long, and just when I was getting on the freeway….

Dead! RPMs drop to 0, I thought for split second “WFT! My bike is still on?” I had to look up because of traffic. “Gauges dead, what to do, what to do, how much is this going to cost, the bike is only about 6 months old”… all the thoughts that went through my head.

So I got back to work, cluster is out, blinkers are out, head light is still on and the bike still fires up.

So what are your thoughts?

Blown fuse?

Where?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put in some blinkers about a month ago. Where is the fuse box, i don't have the manual handy....

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
...is the electrical components of this model (mc41):mad:

wire harness probably made in china :(
jk china :D

just tug on on wires and give her a bang .... the'll probably crank back up :rolleyes:

flux capacitor style :cool:

for $19.95 .... im getting one for my cbr250 for sure :rolleyes::)

..harness unpluggled ?:confused: (just a theory):eek:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t know, I haven’t even taken a look at it? Im still at work, 4:18 PST.

I just panicked, I was hungry, thought my bike was broken…. I just needed some moral support.

I was hoping someone would say, “oh just replace this fuse by the thing down by the you know what, and boom, fixed!”

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I just panicked, I was hungry, thought my bike was broken…. I just needed some moral support.
oh just replace this fuse by the thing down by the you know what, and boom, fixed! :D:D:D

BTW-fuse box IS by the battery (checked the fuses when i thought my headlight fuse was blown , but it was just the bulb):)

^ funny stuff :D:D:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all good stuff... Got to get it fixed for the Malibu ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, blown fuse. The cause… a bad blinker.

(1) 10A fuse blown killed my tach, speedo, clock, blinkers, and brake light.

Yep, use box was by the battery, under the seat. Replaced the fuse, still need to get some new blinkers. I tried to replace the bulb, but I crushed it…

Here is what it all looked like

Removed the seat to find the fuse box.

Then found the fuse that was blown, the lid of the fuse box is labeled and it tells you what all the fuses are for.

You can see that the fuse is blown

I was able to remove the cover on my blinker but I wasn’t able to get the light out.

So I’ll have to pick up some new blinkers soon, I just unplugged them and put a good fuse in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey you guys, don't you have any dealer in your country?
The bike has got a three-year guarantee, so why the bloody DIY?
A friend of mine got the whole electronic display replaced by the dealer in Pattaya, OK, he's got the 150cc, but the dashboaed is exactly the same. I got the issue with the petrol gauge solved on my bike as well as the rattle issue.
I still have a problem that I want to report later, first let's give a chance to Honda to fix it (it'll be their fourth trial - I am too patient!)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep, blown fuse. The cause… a bad blinker.

(1) 10A fuse blown killed my tach, speedo, clock, blinkers, and brake light.

Yep, use box was by the battery, under the seat. Replaced the fuse, still need to get some new blinkers. I tried to replace the bulb, but I crushed it…

Here is what it all looked like

Removed the seat to find the fuse box.

Then found the fuse that was blown, the lid of the fuse box is labeled and it tells you what all the fuses are for.

You can see that the fuse is blown

I was able to remove the cover on my blinker but I wasn’t able to get the light out.

So I’ll have to pick up some new blinkers soon, I just unplugged them and put a good fuse in.
You forget the most important question: WHY did that bloody fuse blow?

·
Registered
8 Posts
thank you to everyone here. i was trying to install the hotbodies flush blinkers but halfway in, i decided not to cause of all the work. (cutting oem wires or soldering, etc) so as i put everything back together, i realized the my dash, brake lights, running lights, etc werent working. spent a good 3 hours looking at my bike and searching the problem, and i came across the fuses quite a couple times. Saw this thread and the pictures you posted (VERY helpful) and decided, heck why not. swapped out my second 10 A and turned the key and it worked!! thank you so much

1 - 15 of 15 Posts