Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My lawnmower recently broke down and I had to find someone to cut my grass. I was working on my bike in the garage and the landscape guy comes in my garage and stares at my bike and says how beautiful the CBR250r is. He couldn't take his eyes off the bike and said he used to have GSXR 750. He said he read about this bike in a Man'r Journal magazine. He asked a bunch of questions about the bike. He said my bike is probably awesome in the twisties. I concurred.

I didn't have the exact amount of money to give him so I told him to keep the $10 as a tip. The guy leaves and comes back with his little boy and give me my change and his lil boy is staring at my bike and says "Wow!" His dad pipes in and says ain't she beautiful, still staring at this bike.

I was in shock that a guy who had a Gixxer 750 would give so much attention
to my two fiddy.

Does your bikes garner so much attention as well? Any stories to tell....?

·
Registered
928 Posts
You know hes going to come back tonight, steal your bike and kill you. Better buy a gun.
Now if he also called the bike a "two fiddy" you should be safe as he'll just come back dressed as one of the Village People.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
He said my bike is probably awesome in the twisties. I concurred.
This can be confirmed by actually taking the bike out of the garage, and going for a ride.

My bike doesn't get much attention at all, but then again it's just your run of the mill, garden variety CBR.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sounds like you could barter that bike to him for some serious landscaping work to your advantage. :) I had a 4 wheeler in my garage that i bartered out for a year of yard mowing service and landscape work.

·
Registered
504 Posts
A couple cops were checking out mine and lowcard's bikes while parked in a line full of Harley's and super sports. And bum comment on how nice it was. Ask how many cc's. After I told him 250, he said I'll want to get a bigger bike later. LOL

Other than that, I'm always riding it and never really in a place to get comments.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Does your bikes garner so much attention as well? Any stories to tell....?
Yes my mates gather round and say

'So the chick you bought it off was hot huh?'
'Why did ya buy such a ***** little girls bike'
'when are you buying a proper bike'
'Can it do the speed limit?'
'These things are made in Taiwan eh?'
'I thought Ninjas were ghey but this takes the cake'
'You look like a doberman humping a tennis ball on that thing'
'You sold a Daytona for THAT thing?'
'Jeez its ugly'
'It only has one disc musnt go very fast'
'ABS? thats just ghey'
'Look at the skinny little tyres'
'Who ya gonna race on that peice of sh!t ..the postman?'

Yes I get alot of attention. :D

·
1,305 Posts
lol my harley riding co-worker says i'm not a real biker .

he drives a cage in winter cause its cold.....

... in southern california

·
Registered
455 Posts
lol @ auffit.
I see other 250's riding through downtown Atlanta a lot often. I always think.. Man I hope I don't look as Gay as that guy does on that thing. lol.. Chances are I do....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Auffit hit the nail on the head for me. It seems like most are curious about the bike and i get alot of comments BUT the moment they see the 250r/ask the displacement they immediately dismiss it as a learner POS. For the couple of people who still showed an active interest I don't think they still realized that a 250cc generaly isn't "fast". Maybe I'll pick up a "1" to put in front of my "250"....that'll shut'em up LOL!

·
Registered
5 Posts
First post.

I receive rave reviews from mechanics, bike enthusiasts and fellow riders alike. I love my little 250! Still plan on doing a FMF Apex Carbon Full Exhaust and Bazzaz mod as soon as finances permit. I'm married with three kids and have a twin turbo Nissan 350z as my daily driver. Fuel economy sucked so I bought the bike. Love it and rarely take my Z except in inclement weather. Oh yeah... Hello everybody. :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes my mates gather round and say

'So the chick you bought it off was hot huh?'
'Why did ya buy such a ***** little girls bike'
'when are you buying a proper bike'
'Can it do the speed limit?'
'These things are made in Taiwan eh?'
'I thought Ninjas were ghey but this takes the cake'
'You look like a doberman humping a tennis ball on that thing'
'You sold a Daytona for THAT thing?'
'Jeez its ugly'
'It only has one disc musnt go very fast'
'ABS? thats just ghey'
'Look at the skinny little tyres'
'Who ya gonna race on that peice of sh!t ..the postman?'

Yes I get alot of attention. :D
Thanks for the belly laugh, dude!!

I got a nice compliment the other day:

"Hey... I really like your 125!"

·
Registered
350 Posts
... Maybe I'll pick up a "1" to put in front of my "250"....that'll shut'em up LOL!
Nope... pick up a "0" and put it *after* the "250..."

My current answer when asked the displacement is:

"It's that new nested 6-cylinder turbo 2000 from Honda... leaves a condensation trail in 2nd gear... like it?"

·
Registered
5 Posts
@madd-trapper
We have a Honda CRV. LOL. The Z is my personal vehicle. Wife has a VW Bug as her personal vehicle. I will likely sell my Z this year and purchase a Honda Crosstour.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just laugh at the guys that poke fun of a smaller CC bike... when I fuel up and when I pay my insurance. I'm having just as much fun as they are.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Last week at the Shell station...

Young Dude: "That's a 250?... When did Honda start making those?"

Me: "Last year... This is a test bike... got a Flux Capacitor and a couple Afterburner Diodes... Wicked fast for a 250"

Young Dude: "Cool man... that's a sweet bike"

Me: "Thanks"

Young Dude: "Rock on man!"

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lol.

When I had my black 250 I was riding around downtown maybe a couple of months ago and I was at a stop light. There was a guy in a business suit crossing the street and all he could do was STARE at my bike! He even stopped and stared at it some more, after he got across the street. He didn't stop staring until I left.

Then I had some meter maids riding around while I was heading home from work and they asked if it was the new 250.

Now that I have the Red/Silver combo, I can't wait to see what people do. ^_^

1 - 20 of 76 Posts