Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Firstly this is a great forum and have been reading it for a little while now.
But I'm stuck deciding on my first bike. Keep going from a 250 to a 400 and restricted 650's.
I think I'm getting closer to a decision.
I'm 37 and 5'10" and 75 kgs.
I want to end up on something like and probably a CBR600RR so I figured that a 250 to get some skills for a couple of years would be a better choice than a bigger bike initially.
Any advice appreciated. Yes I know I have to go and sit on them. I'm hoping for experiences good and bad on the CBR250R.
Thanks Ausfox.

·
745 Posts
Either the Honda or Kawasaki 250 will give you a good start. They're light, maneuverable, and cheap to ride / maintain.

Going to a 500 (few 400's here in the US) adds a about 50 pounds and about double the horsepower.

The Kawasaki 650R is also a nice bike. Most experienced riders would agree with your decision to stay away from the 600 i4s to start with - most argue that if you learn how to go fast on a 250, you'll go a lot faster when you kick up.

Good Luck! I love my CBR250 - pure fun negotiating the curvy roads around where I live. Don't know that I'll "upgrade" at all, with 70-75mpg and a light, stable platform.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Mate
Good to see another Sydney lad on board... for my money the CBR250R is the best learner bike on the market, I tested just about everything on offer in Aus and as far as bang for buck, reliability, and fun factor, the Honda won hands down..
BTW I'm 6 1' and 100kg and the single lung CBR has no drama's hauling me around

·
Registered
636 Posts
im about the same size 5'9' 190 lbs. this is my 1st street bike and im a novice rider and i love the thing..the cbr is a quick, fun, reliable bike..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@CBR Downunder. Hey mate. I see your a ford fan. Holden here.
Thanks for the info.
Think I'm going to go with a 250. First bike and all.
CBR is on top at the moment. Do you have ABS?
Nice SR-71 too.
Ausfox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts