Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there new to the forum.
I recently purchased a second hand cbr250rr which needs a lot of love and attention. Very limited knowledge but have managed to get the bike running after sitting for over a year.
so now in the process of sorting out the wiring. My question is I need to replace the indicator and light switch on the handle bars as it came without it attached and the guy said he’d tried to replace it but he got a match from China and it doesn’t match the existing sockets. I’m located in Australia where would be the best place to buy genuine parts? And would it be really difficult for a novice to rewire the whole bike? The pictures are of the existing light/indicator switches. Thanks in advance if anyone can help. Jamie
Finger Aqua Cable Wrist Electric blue

Hand Azure Gesture Finger Gadget

Hand Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar Circuit component Finger

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Jamie!

No need to re-wire entire bike just for one connector. Buying original parts will be difficult, you can check breakers like MotoRECYCLE . Or use Japanese auction sites. However, any parts you find will be rare and expense, not to mentioned used and corroded. The Chinese replacements are much better, I haven't had any problems using them.

Trick is to replace connector on controls with one that matches harness. Can get pretty much any connectors for bikes here: The place for all your motorcycle electric needs. . Use wiring-diagram from service-manual to determine which wire goes where in connector. Crimp, solder terminals and insert in proper location and that's it!

Worse case scenario if you can't find matching connector is to just get set of mating ones. Then install one on controls and one on harness. About 30-60 minutes and you're done!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jamie!

No need to re-wire entire bike just for one connector. Buying original parts will be difficult, you can check breakers like MotoRECYCLE . Or use Japanese auction sites. However, any parts you fine will be rare and expense, not to mentioned used and corroded. The Chinese replacements are much better, I haven't had any problems using them.

Trick is to replace connector on controls with one that matches harness. Can get pretty much any connectors for bikes here: The place for all your motorcycle electric needs. . Use wiring-diagram from service-manual to determine which wire goes where in connector. Crimp, solder terminals and insert in proper location and that's it!

Worse case scenario if you can't find matching connector is to just get set of mating ones. Then install one on controls and one on harness. About 30-60 minutes and you're done!
Hi Jamie!

No need to re-wire entire bike just for one connector. Buying original parts will be difficult, you can check breakers like MotoRECYCLE . Or use Japanese auction sites. However, any parts you fine will be rare and expense, not to mentioned used and corroded. The Chinese replacements are much better, I haven't had any problems using them.

Hey Danno thanks very much for that information it’s extremely helpful and appreciated. The part I’m after is as I’m learning discontinued so this looks like the next option I’ll check out that website.
thank you 👍

·
Registered
284 Posts
What is the difference between CBR250R and CBR250RR?
1988-90 CBR250R 4-cylinder 44 bhp 19000rpm redline
1990-93 CBR250RR 4-cylinder 45 bhp 19000rpm redline
1994-99 CBR250RR 4-cylinder 40 bhp 19000rpm redline, restricted by cams and ignition maps
2011-14 CBR250R single-cylinder 27 bhp
2015-18 CBR250R single-cylinder 29 bhp
2017-20 CBR250RR twin-cylinder 38 bhp
2020+ CBR250RR twin-cylinder 41 bhp

2020+ Ninja ZX-25R 4-cylinder 49 bhp 17000rpm redline

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
What is the difference between CBR250R and CBR250RR?
Night and day.

The 4-cyl CBR250RR was designed as a small super sport, where performance was the main focus and price was not a major concern.

The single-cyl CBR250R was designed as a sporty, but basic and inexpensive, bike for the masses.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
232 Posts
4-cylinder actually
NO
Our friend DannoXYZ's list is correct.
There are later models of CBR250RR (LINK) that have parallel-twin engine (An Expensive...for GP competitions...41 Hp of maximum power).
1988-90 CBR250R 4-cylinder 44 bhp 19000rpm redline
1990-93 CBR250RR 4-cylinder 45 bhp 19000rpm redline
1994-99 CBR250RR 4-cylinder 40 bhp 19000rpm redline, restricted by cams and ignition maps
2011-14 CBR250R single-cylinder 27 bhp
2015-18 CBR250R single-cylinder 29 bhp
2017-20 CBR250RR twin-cylinder 38 bhp
2020+ CBR250RR twin-cylinder 41 bhp

2020+ Ninja ZX-25R 4-cylinder 49 bhp 17000rpm redline

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
NO
Our friend DannoXYZ's list is correct.
There are later models of CBR250RR (LINK) that have parallel-twin engine (An Expensive...for GP competitions...41 Hp of maximum power).
Got me there. Forgot about the "new" 250RR.

That one was a big rumor for a while, then faded. Might have been produced for some countries but never made it to the U.S.

I think of a CBR250RR as an old school 4 cyl 250 from back in the day when there was heavy competition for bragging rights between the Japanese companies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts