Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fitted my tinted screen today.

Part Number 08R80-KYJ-700

So to install it was a royal pain. 4 hours worth.

You need to remove the 2 side fairings

Need to remove the whole front light and dash

Need to remove the gauges out and the light assy out

All that to access the windscreen

So here is some random pics

Fairings off

At this point what you do is pull out one of the bolts holding the front end on so it piviots down then you can pull the dash out and remove the wire clips from the front end to remove the front end.

Nude front end :D

DECAPITATED

Got bored and threw a T5 red LED into the N light on the dash

Fitted

Bike now looks like this

You can see my rego tube with rego label in there on the mount where the passenger footpeg was

Still waiting on my R&G racing tail tidy to turn up, then I can mount it and LED rear indicators.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i see it also lol,i thought i posted in this thread, =/ i asked if u bought a new windshield that was already tinted,because a shop told me they couldnt tint my windshield because its plastic and moves a lot.flex.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i see it also lol,i thought i posted in this thread, =/ i asked if u bought a new windshield that was already tinted,because a shop told me they couldnt tint my windshield because its plastic and moves a lot.flex.
Yes its pre tinted, built into the colour of the plastic.

Yeh thats some 3m Di-Noc, Just a small bit I had laying around to protect that area.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, that is not good news for this first time rider, I have the tinted windscreen, still waiting on the bike lol. But your post did make me smile cause it does look killer!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Cant believe they designed it so you have to take everything apart just to change the windscreen. I was going to get the tinted windscreen too. Think im to lazy to do all of that now.
Your bike is lookin sharp.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bike will look better once I have an exhaust and tail tidy lol

Yeh I was surprised how annoying it was but once you work the fairings out I could do it in 2 hours.

3M wrap came from eBay from an aussie seller but there is plenty of US sellers on there.

Audio systems are for cars, mine has a nice one ;)

Mine should be getting an exhaust made in australia by staintune

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Both the seat cowl and the tinted screen are HONDA items.

Alas the US dont seem to have a carbon one (its fake carbon print) and have a matt black one. For about half the price of the fake carbon one I got here in australia of honda

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yup,

Remove the 2 side fairings

to remove the nose, pull out the top bolt, then loosen the lower one and pivot the head onto the front fearing on the wheel so you can remove the gauge unit (4 visible bolts then pull it out with force)

undo all the electronics to get the nose off

then pull the metal frame from the nose, then the head light

reverse it all to get it back in.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Sweet!!!!........3M matches the cowl; ties everything in nicely

1 - 20 of 58 Posts