Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just got mine in and am taking my time to do it. It is a long couple hour job but now that I have done it once, I realized with the right tools, you could probably do it in 30 min.

The tabs that hold the side of the front nose on, if you push in the center, they come right out. There should be no force involved anywhere.

If you can get the front guage out (4 screws and then pull a little) and detach the cord, you can get to all the screws you need. Take the mirrors off and the two last screws are inside the nose deep inside. Now the key is you need one of thoes REALLLY thin 90 deg Philips screwdrivers. If you can find one, you can cram it in there and get the other two screw off.

Its all a bitch to do so I would recommend taking the 2-4 hours and take the nose off. You dont have to take it off from the frame, if you undo the bottom two screws from the nose and take out the side tabs, and have the gauge removed, the nose should just slide out with out taking out the bolts that attached to the frame.

Once I get my guage back on as it got dark and started to rain, Ill post some pics.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Cant believe they made it that hard to replace. My yamaha 600 only took 10 minutes. Good thing you could do it yourself. Imagine what that would cost at shop rate OUCH

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here are some pics (not in great focus) of my nose off. As you can see, i got the nose off without detaching the bolts on the frame like others had to do.

Yeah I did the same when I did mine a while ago. Ive done a couple now (My brother inlaws as well) and the second time round it took me anout an hour and a half.

I challange anyone that says that can do in it in 1/2 an hour .

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Yeh half an hour would be pushing it when taking off the whole nose.

And hour would be quick if you have done it more than once.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The tinted windscreen accents the bike really well however, can you even see through the windscreen?
How the hell do you ride the bike with your head behind the windscreen?

Its very dark, and yeh cant see too much thru, but tucked in, you dont even get your head that low, so the darkness is not an issue.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Agree with Macca. You cant see through it much except maybe brake lights but its too low for me to make use of it as a windscreen. It really just deflects the wind at just the right angle so when you do tuck, it goes over your helmet.

The tint is great when the sun is setting and puts a huge glare on your gauges. That's the reason I got it. Oh and it makes the bike look mean!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeh half an hour would be pushing it when taking off the whole nose.

And hour would be quick if you have done it more than once.
To take the nose off all you have to do is remove the 4 gauge bolts, 4 mirror bolts and 4 crimp clips (after the side fairings are removed).

The nose will then just Slide out. Whats all the fuss about?

And when I said you could do it in half an hour, I ment without removing the nose one could potentially get to the bolts under the nose with a really thin ratchet/angled screw driver one the gauge console was removed.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
where can i get the single seat cowl..?? can anyone help me out??
HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When people say OEM it means its Original Equipment Manufacture SO HONDA!

Yeh, dont forget the task of having to remove all the wires from the nose before you pull it out, thats a bit of a task as well lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
god ****...
i read this thread and thought to myself 'pssht 4 hours..yeah right'.
just went outside and started at it,
my
after 1.5 hours i have it fitted into the nose fairing..

still havent fit it all back together / replugged everything back in. that'll take another hour probably.

so 2.5-3hrs job for sure... i see why it takes so long..
incredibly stupid design though.

old cbr250rr was just unscrew and pop on and off no disassembly of anything.

·
Registered
44 Posts
also now have a big scratch on my front fender :(
after unbolting the nosecone/lighting unit the whole thing dropped and tilted forward scraping it.
note to others, hold it up whether it be someone else or with your legs even when unbolting it lol.

who can reccommend a cover-coat or polish or something for scratches XD

·
Registered
97 Posts
To take the nose off all you have to do is remove the 4 gauge bolts, 4 mirror bolts and 4 crimp clips (after the side fairings are removed).

The nose will then just Slide out. Whats all the fuss about?

And when I said you could do it in half an hour, I ment without removing the nose one could potentially get to the bolts under the nose with a really thin ratchet/angled screw driver one the gauge console was removed.
100% CORRECT!!! Thanks for saving me a lot of trouble. I was about to try and unplug the dash and unscrew the nose frame, when I read you post. . . so much easier doing it your way! You DON'T need to unhook the dash gauge wires people!!!! Here's proof!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Also, I think I could do it in 45-60 minutes if I ever did it again. Most of the time spent was figuring out how the stuff comes apart! I spent about 2-1/2 hours getting the pieces apart and about 25 minutes getting everything back together and back on the bike!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts