Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks...I started to install the OEM tinted windscreen today at 4:10pm. After 3 and a half painful hours taking the whole front of the bike apart as Macca mentioned I got it back together. So I turned it on and......FAIL.

My headlights weren't on, and when I switched to highbeams my tail lights flicked left or right turn....:Sigh: :confused:

So I took the Display off and switched the connectors around and to my suprise....the headlights worked!! But wait...now the tail lights, turn signals and display dont work....

So, I look at the fuse box, all of the fuses are fine except one! So I think okay lets use the spare and things will be fine....I plug it in, and POW! it pops the moment its plugged in.....I take another 10 amp fuse from another slot plug it in and POW it busts again....

So now I know I have a a short, bad ground or 2 wires touching.....

After a trip to walmart to pick up 5 more fuses, and I get back, I look over the turn signal wires (which had to be disconnected to take the fairings off. And the wires are correctly put together but....one of the plastic coverings was not fully pulled down on the connection so both red and black wires were touching and causing the fuse to bust. So I pulled it back down and put the bike all back together again. After 6 hours and 30 minutes from start to finish and clean up, the windscreen was installed....(Atleast I didn't pay 6 hours of labor at 85 dollars an hour at the dealership)

So without further adue, here is the new windscreen!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the windscreen and the tank pad at Tyga-Performance.com
Yea it was a big hassle but I love how it looks on the bike now...really cleans up the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the windscreen but havent got the guts to take the bike apart do u think a place like action would put it on anyone know how much it would cost?

·
Registered
114 Posts
HI guys,

Just finished putting the tinted screen on my Tri Colour. Took me about 2.5 hours and result is very good.

Before

After

·
Registered
114 Posts
I love the dead baby doll in the top right. Was that who you released all your frustration on?
Well you definitely need something to smack around while you do this job I tell ya...;). What a pain it was. Not a really hard job but just fiddly. I think the doll got off pretty lightly:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Actually it takes less than 30 minutes to mount it. Have seen it done at my Honda dealer in Bangkok for customers. I am still waiting for mine to arrive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts