Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been reading a lot on the forum for a while now, and I've been calling and calling the Honda dealerships within 50 miles of where I live, and everyone seems to be out until July.

BUT, I placed a call to one about 12 miles away, and they have 2 coming in at the end of the week. One black, one red. I prefer the black look, but the red one has ABS. Everyone I've called says no way they're getting ABS any time soon.

I really, really want this feature so I can definitely handle the red look.

I haven't sat on one yet nor even seen it in person yet, but I went ahead and put the deposit down and am anxiously waiting til I get the call!

I can't wait!!

:D

·
281 Posts
Your perseverence is paying off Bluefire! As far as I know, you will be the first stateside delivery of an abs bike?!...........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are you getting it from? How much? Got my non-abs from Dupage Honda in West Chicago.
Getting it from Des Plaines Honda....did your dealer get his from another dealership? That guy told me he was going to call me back once he found out whether he could get a couple of them and never did! I called him today and he told me he got them after all, and sold them!

I then called Des Plaines, where I had already put a deposit on a non-abs black, but she told me that there was a red abs in the same shipment. I immediately changed my deposit to that one, I couldn't believe it!

I know some are for abs and some are against it, but to me, I'd rather be alive and stupid than a dead expert at braking. You never know what the road holds out there!

·
Registered
928 Posts
I live close to a dealer in Crystal Lake but they had no clue if they were even going to get the CBR. Dupage Honda initially had 3 coming in directly from Honda, non-abs. One red and two black. I had a deposit on the 2nd black one. When they finally came in they did not get the red one.
I think id practice being dead on with the braking then relying on the abs as a save all. Ive had at least three cars cut me off in the last week, never used the brake, accelarating and manuevering kept me alive. Bike is very nimble which is a huge plus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts