Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It was a custom job, but he could probably do it again. I told him he might have some business after I posted here. :) I should probably let him dictate the price, but it was pretty reasonable. He might still have the measurements from mine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I really like your setup with the Givi e22's.

I have the Hepco & Becker C-Bow setup. I looked around a lot before buying mine and saw nothing like what you have. I would have rather had hard cases and the Givi e22's look good.

Thanks for posting.

Bent

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kit, nice setup! fellow did a nice job, muffler clearance is a concern, will the bags handle the heat on a long ride,? I had soft bags on my old 2002 250 Ninja, At the end of a 400 mile day, 1 slipped a little and became self draining! Ha ha. I know yours are ridged mounted but the clearance seems real tight. Maybe just the angle of the Pics?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, very good point. My right bag did get warm and deformed a little. I put some heat tape on it and talked to Andrew about it, and he said he was happy to work with me on it, whether it's doing something with my exhaust or w/e. The angled outlet would be my first choice, since I work such a late shift n don't want my neighbors hating me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stopped by Little Horse today for an exhaust tip. It works great and after taking the long way home, the inside of the box was still cool to the touch, so I'm a happy camper!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I may have to try making up an exhaust tip for my FMF exhaust. I haven't ridden with the bags since mounting the exhaust, but I know the stock muffler got it pretty warm on my old commute of 25 minutes.

I was happy to swap out exhausts once I held the stock in my hands and found out how REALLY heavy it is.

Picture when you get a chance? :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Uhhmmmm.... So sorry to point this out.... but the side bags are installed back to front. The tall part should be in front and tapers to the back. The exhaust should have adequate clearance.

These boxes (and the E21 also) are quite famous here and many small (250cc and below) bikes have them.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Uhhmmmm.... So sorry to point this out.... but the side bags are installed back to front. The tall part should be in front and tapers to the back. The exhaust should have adequate clearance.
WTF?

Show me in the installation instructions where it says that.

User preference, I say. I would have to see pictures both ways, but I think the OP's look great!

I APOLOGIZE for my outburst!
This is the first bike I've seen these mounted to, and I did not notice how being turned around would give the muffler much more clearance.
I have E21's on my bike, so I know what a concern that is.

Thanks for the pictures!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The newer versions of the E22s comes with red reflectors at the rear- which is the shorter (or narrower?) end. The design is supposed to be tapered backwards... also this will increase clearance between the box and your exhaust.

Of course it being a Givi product, it is possible to put it the other way round and I've seen this done here also. I've used E22n on my Duke but it's a bit too bulky, then changed to E21

I'll try posting images

^^ PS: This is not my Duke

·
Registered
22 Posts
I APOLOGIZE for my outburst!
This is the first bike I've seen these mounted to, and I did not notice how being turned around would give the muffler much more clearance.
I have E21's on my bike, so I know what a concern that is.

Thanks for the pictures!
No worries mate. No harm done.

So you are using E21s on your bike too. Me too. I find that it's enough for my daily and touring use.

ps:- just for fun, did u know the E21s also has a front and back? the curve of the top is not simmetrical :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks nicely balanced. Does it have any handling side-effects if the top box is loaded fully?

I just run the E21s without the top box, worried it might de-stabilise the bike somehow..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts