Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man is it bad that I never feel like getting off my bike? My friend came over and gave me some lessons and man did I improve to the point where I dont stall anymore, I shift and brake well, I can ride on the highway safely and yeah stop and start on a hill without stalling or rolling bake. Its crazy, A month ago I was garbage at riding and now...well...im still garbage but I don't stink as bad. Hell, I even got some props from the local HD gang :D

Sorry to gush but truthfully, finally being able to let go of my fear of bikes since I got hit by a drunk driver when I was younger....Nothing compares. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and encouragement. And hopefully one day we can meet up on the road.

Ride safe and be free!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great to hear. When the weather is great you can bet I'll be out on two wheels. Improving is always a satisfying feeling and you can always up the bar and learn new things. Whether its low speed in parking lots or high speed on a race track always new skills to learn and master.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
this bike just keeps getting better. I've had mine for a month now with over 1200 kms. with a few mods i don't think i'll ever get rid of this thing.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I traded in my 2008 Ninja 250R for my CBR250. After riding the Ninja for 2 years I can't believe how much MORE I'm enjoying riding the CBR. I actually have many "wow" moments on the CBR when it does something I just couldn't do with the Ninja.
The torque on this bike just puts my old Ninja to shame.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think if Ninja riders could demo this bike, they would be hard pressed to not pick one up.:)
And its funny because I can't tell you how many videos are on the interwebs about "ninja 250 vs CBR 250r" reviews and in every one of them they say the ninja comes out on top. Yet everyone I talk to says the ninja is worse than the cbr. Glad I made the right choice.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
And its funny because I can't tell you how many videos are on the interwebs about "ninja 250 vs CBR 250r" reviews and in every one of them they say the ninja comes out on top. Yet everyone I talk to says the ninja is worse than the cbr. Glad I made the right choice.
I think that's because on a race track, or in a straight line drag race, the Ninja would be better, but not in real on the road situations. Have you noticed how most motorcycle journalists base their experience on a track, and their mpg results are usually way lower than what is average for the bike?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yeah....it's pretty unhelpful when they don't base review on real world riding....

Not everyone is a "weekend warrior"......

Some of us actually use our bikes to get around.:p

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
There are still a lot of Ninja 250 commuters that are wary of this bike.

I feel like the US review sites are really doing this bike injustice. This bike really blows the NInja out of the water when it comes to commuting.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Glad to hear you enjoy riding. I use my bike for getting around and going to work. I can't wait to ride and look forward to riding daily. I have found that i no longer drive my car nearly as much as I used to.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Man is it bad that I never feel like getting off my bike? My friend came over and gave me some lessons and man did I improve to the point where I dont stall anymore, I shift and brake well, I can ride on the highway safely and yeah stop and start on a hill without stalling or rolling bake. Its crazy, A month ago I was garbage at riding and now...well...im still garbage but I don't stink as bad. Hell, I even got some props from the local HD gang :D

Sorry to gush but truthfully, finally being able to let go of my fear of bikes since I got hit by a drunk driver when I was younger....Nothing compares. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and encouragement. And hopefully one day we can meet up on the road.

Ride safe and be free!

I realy urge you to take the MSF class. If you have not yet. Its not just for beginners but those getting back in to it.
I saw your post and thought of number #24
"The Hurt Report"

be safe

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I realy urge you to take the MSF class. If you have not yet. Its not just for beginners but those getting back in to it.
I saw your post and thought of number #24
"The Hurt Report"

be safe
Lol I get it. The MSF course. Yes. for the hundredth time, and for all you msf course advertisers, I'm taking the course in june. I would've taken it earlier but when I got the schedule in march and signed up for the classes, they called me up and told me all of the classes were full except for the ones in june, july and august. They fill up extremely fast and are usually 8 to 10 slots per class.

"24. The motorcycle riders involved in accidents are essentially without training; 92% were self-taught or learned from family or friends. Motorcycle rider training experience reduces accident involvement and is related to reduced injuries in the event of accidents."

That line kind of contradicts itself because family and friends can all be licensed instructors. Is there a law saying that instructors can't teach outside of class? lol

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The only superiority the Ninja has over the CBR is that it's a little quicker in the top end or at the track. Trouble is that in the 2 years I owned my Ninja I never got close to using that top end very much. By the time you can get up into the 12000-13000RPM range where the bike really shines you probably have a bunch of red & blue lights following you already. I don't want to put my license at risk in order to ride the Ninja the way it should be ridden.
The CBR's single gives you grunt when you need it. The lower gears are completely usable. It's a real-world bike for real-world riding. When riding the Ninja I was constantly mashing gears to find a sweet spot. Not so with the CBR because of it's abundant low-end torque.
It's nice to be able to say "my Ninja's faster", but the fact is most Ninja250 riders are riding their Ninjas just like we're riding our CBRs. We're just enjoying it a lot more.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's nice to be able to say "my Ninja's faster", but the fact is most Ninja250 riders are riding their Ninjas just like we're riding our CBRs. We're just enjoying it a lot more.
That and the cbr is fuel injected. Carb'd anything is a no go IMO :cool:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm still loving every minute of mine!! The wife and I went on a loooong ride yesterday and when we were coming home I told her "I"m not ready to put it up, I wanna keep riding". LOL I did though because I was physically getting tired and that's not a good place to be while riding.

Also while researching these bikes I actually found a LOT of reviews that favored the CBR because of it being FI, offering ABS and just being a better day to day bike. Most of the ones that favor the ninja are retards that only compared speed and racetrack performance. Because THAT really matters so much on a 250cc commuter bike!! Freaking idiots. If I was worried about speed and racetrack performance I would have gotten a 600 or liter bike! Hell I had a fullsize 4x4 truck on 35's that ran faster 1/4 mile times than the "faster" ninja!! LOL Not to mention I think the twisties are MUCH, MUCH more fun than a straight line on these bikes!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts