Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totally in LOVE with my baby cbr. Not only is it a complete blast and probably the most fun I've ever had on wheels(and I've done some very crazy, fun stuff in cars and trucks!) but it also gets insane gas mileage! I filled up today from 1 bar for a whopping $9.61 and punched the numbers into fuelly and it averaged 71.8mpg!! Talk about awesome! My jeep will be sitting for a long time from now until it gets really cold.

·
Registered
17 Posts
These defiantly are some fun little bike and the gas mileage, well for me is just and added bonus. My jeep as well will be sitting for a very long time. (jeep xj lifted) the heap gets terrible gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I am totally in LOVE with my baby cbr. Not only is it a complete blast and probably the most fun I've ever had on wheels(and I've done some very crazy, fun stuff in cars and trucks!) but it also gets insane gas mileage! I filled up today from 1 bar for a whopping $9.61 and punched the numbers into fuelly and it averaged 71.8mpg!! Talk about awesome! My jeep will be sitting for a long time from now until it gets really cold.

Of COURSE you do!!! And you will have twice as much love when you ride with your good wife. Chicks who ride are HOT:D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sharing the love! Filled up this morning--$9.91 and it'll keep me riding many miles of smiles! Such a great bike and so much fun to ride--I couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of COURSE you do!!! And you will have twice as much love when you ride with your good wife. Chicks who ride are HOT:D
LOL. Yes they are! Chicks that shoot or ride motorcycles are hot to me and luckily my wife does both! We've been going out for short rides before work and at night after we're home and she's getting really good. She was so excited and scared at the same time her first time putting it on the road. We're both looking forward to the MSF course too.

Angela: This is by far the cheapest fun and entertaining thing to do in my book. You get a LOT of smiles for the dollar on this bike! Like I said before, I've done a lot of fun and crazy things in cars, trucks and atv's and this is probably the most fun I've ever had on anything motorized. Plus I am getting super hooked on the twisties.:D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I doooooo! LOL I actually look forward to the ride to work now because that means another 45 minute ride on the bike!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Ha Ha. I have a feeling your wife is going to do just fine. Next purchase, buy a helmet/bike cam and record the two of you on your rides together. Doesn't cost much but will extend your hours of fun.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I know the feeling. My wife gets to ride about 10 miles to work. I get to ride 6 blocks. :(

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Oh I doooooo! LOL I actually look forward to the ride to work now because that means another 45 minute ride on the bike!
I think we should vote you "Most Excited Person EVER" to buy the ceebee:D (and that's a good thing)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^ seconded!

·
Registered
66 Posts
You meet the nicest people on a honda. I have to say the little honda has served me well. :)

I think this bike has more potential then most people believe. In its infancy the bike has already brought together an international/domestic community of riders. Ranging from old pro's, track day nerds, the wobbly squids, bench racers and a few new guys as well.
Maybe its just me but every time I hop on the cbr I feel like I have something to learn; It gives the confidence of a master but the humility of a student as well. I always feel like every ride is a small adventure.
Just something about those small displacement hondas that makes the world move.:)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^ it's not just you. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, Thanks L-T-R!

And lucky owl, I think you're the hero and role model of all cbr 250 owners!! The miles you've put on this awesomebike has got erverybody dreaming of long journeys on their little ceebee's!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
LOL, Thanks L-T-R!

And lucky owl, I think you're the hero and role model of all cbr 250 owners!! The miles you've put on this awesomebike has got erverybody dreaming of long journeys on their little ceebee's!
lol speak for yourself on the long journey thing:eek: Only way I ride more than 6-8 a day, especially on the ceebee is if I have at least a 4 star hotel, hot tub and a Crown and 7 awaiting me at days end. Can you say "holy stiff muscles Batman"?

Oh, and let me add...that 6-8 hours is broken up at least every 2 hours for a stretch

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
lol speak for yourself on the long journey thing:eek: Only way I ride more than 6-8 a day, especially on the ceebee is if I have at least a 4 star hotel, hot tub and a Crown and 7 awaiting me at days end. Can you say "holy stiff muscles Batman"?

Oh, and let me add...that 6-8 hours is broken up at least every 2 hours for a stretch
What? You old or sumthin? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Um noooooo! Realistic perhaps. A body needs to streatch on a long days ride. Gotta keep hydrated
Well, can't argue much with your choice of hydration. But, I do have a desire to take the bikes out for a camping weekend sometime. Camping is 1,000,000,000 star accomodations

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Longest ride to date. 13h10m. :) I love my CBR.

But really, this bike is freaking amazing. It does fit me perfectly, and fits my commute and riding style perfectly as well...so what's there not to love?

It is functioning as a semi-tourer as well. I am hoping to go on some longer trips this summer. Apparently 13h10m isn't enough for my butt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts