Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a shoei rf-1100 and NOBODY has them on sale, of course, but I did find a couple websites with general discounts. One of them is "leatherup.com" and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them at all.

I can get 10% off 377, which ends up saving me 38 bucks so I'd much rather buy it from that site if it's legitimate... Revzilla does cash back bucks, but I would only get $15 AND it would only go to my next order.

That being said, $38 isn't worth a headache over a $400 helmet so let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Have you tried it on before?
I wouldnt buy a helmet online. Just bought a new helmet when I picked up the bike, an HJC in XL. I also have a HJC snowmobile helmet but thats an XXL. Same company, different sizes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried it on at my local shop, but there I would have to pay tax and get no deal at all. So I know the fit and exactly what I want... I just don't know if I should trust a website that have 7% lifetime negative reviews. That seems a bit high!

I know the Shoei is expensive, but I really don't like my Scorpion 400. Plus, the Shoei is the only helmet that doesn't make me look like a bobble head.

·
Registered
147 Posts
back view

not the store where i bought it,i just wanted to show u the back view,it comes with a tinted shield and a clear,and a tinted led cover,which i prob wont use,very comfortable helmet.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I got an HJC full face modular. Thing I like is that it has an interior retractable flip down sun shield. No need to worry about switching the main shield anymore.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I saw those... The light is pretty cool but I don't think it will solve my problem of bobblyhead syndrome. I tried on a ton of different helmets and the Shoei was by far the best fitting and lightest. The other problem I have with the Scorpion is wind resistance, and I'm told the Shoei does a much better job with that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those seem to be the same prices as Revzilla.com, maybe you got them while they were on sale? I ended up going to powersports4less.com, got 10% off and the solid colors were already $20 off most stores... $322 for a $377 helmet that NEVER goes on sale? Yes please. Now I just hope this website isn't some huge ripoff scam artist because they are fairly smalltime. I figured I could trust them though because they actually have a real store in the US which has good reviews.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts