·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Wow.. 5 whole tankfuls on the 250.
:D:D:D:D

1000 miles :eek: im sure he's good to go on a 600 !?:rolleyes:

probably already master'd the whole "hit-the-throttle and hold-on part":eek:

nice RR though :cool:

...just kidding , OP but you kinda sold out faster than a rapper after going platinum :eek:

see you on the streets :cool:

+1 on the reason why you upgraded soooooo quick !? :mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For some reason the topic title is deleted then when posted it shows up.

Why the jump? Because its not that hard of a choice. If your concerned about fuel economy and want good was mileage then u should keep the 250. If you know you can handle the jump it's not that hard to manage. If your a dumass and can't handle the power than I agree that you shouldn't trade up. If you have money and want to upgrade than do it. We not a hard decision at all.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Wow.. 5 whole tankfuls on the 250.
Holy crap; I agree with Aufitt. I guess I should probably off myself. If you're new, 1000 miles doesn't make you ready to ride a 600 supersport. I can see a twin like the Ninja 650 or a SV, but an I4? I really don't think so.

Good luck dude! :D

PS: Ninja 650 is pumping 64.8 hp, and the CBR600RR 102.2 hp. For perspective, the CBR250R has 23.7 hp. Take it easy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holy crap; I agree with Aufitt. I guess I should probably off myself. If you're new, 1000 miles doesn't make you ready to ride a 600 supersport. I can see a twin like the Ninja 650 or a SV, but an I4? I really don't think so.

Good luck dude! :D

PS: Ninja 650 is pumping 64.8 hp, and the CBR600RR 102.2 hp. For perspective, the CBR250R has 23.7 hp. Take it easy.
just my personal opinion but the 600rr is sooo much easier to ride than my 250r was. it is soo freakin smooth through the gears and you don't have to change ever few seconds. after you know your friction point, your golden. it rides like a dream

·
Registered
724 Posts
just my personal opinion but the 600rr is sooo much easier to ride than my 250r was. it is soo freakin smooth through the gears and you don't have to change ever few seconds. after you know your friction point, your golden. it rides like a dream
I want to move up myself. But I got my eyes on the GSXR600 or 750 but I would keep the 250r for that commutes and errands. 60 mpg is hard to let go of.The SS would be a toy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want to move up myself. But I got my eyes on the GSXR600 or 750 but I would keep the 250r for that commutes and errands. 60 mpg is hard to let go of.The SS would be a toy.
i said the same thing. i wanted the to keep the cbr to commute bute parents were tired of me keeping my bikes at their garage because i live in seattle. but buying my dad a rebel soon which gets comparable milage so i'll just mess with that

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Er....

1000 miles is pretty inconsequential, maybe about a month's worth of riding, maybe even less....you essentially can operate a bike but that's about it.

That 600 inline four is a very twitchy beast. When you have an oh shi*t moment it isn't going to be very pleasant.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice bike man. Im debating on upgrading as well but not anytime soon. 3 weeks and 62 miles in (full time job leaves me no time to ride :() Im nowhere near your skill level. If I do upgrade I'm thinkin either the fz6r, cbr600rr, or the zx-6r.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nice bike man. Im debating on upgrading as well but not anytime soon. 3 weeks and 62 miles in (full time job leaves me no time to ride :() Im nowhere near your skill level. If I do upgrade I'm thinkin either the fz6r, cbr600rr, or the zx-6r.
fz6r would be the best of this group for a new rider after the 250r, 78 hp. The zx6r is rockin 107.7 hp. Even better would be the previously mentioned Ninja 650 :).

·
Registered
219 Posts
fz6r would be the best of this group for a new rider after the 250r, 78 hp. The zx6r is rockin 107.7 hp. Even better would be the previously mentioned Ninja 650 :).
I was originally going to get the fz6r as my first bike because everyone said it was perfect for beginners. As forgiving as a 250 but with the get up and go of a 600 but i decided to play it safe and got the 250r. I love its looks and specs but I'm starting to really enjoy my honda that I may just end up sticking with this company when I upgrade.

And to be honest I haven't heard any complaints about honda bikes now that I think about it.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts