Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brain-dead when it comes to electrical wiring. I'd like to learn how to add LED running lights to the front and rear of the bike using Posi-Locks, but I don't have the slightest idea where to start.

Plenty of people have done it, but I can't find a detailed step-by-step how-to. Anyone know of one that exists?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm brain-dead when it comes to electrical wiring. I'd like to learn how to add LED running lights to the front and rear of the bike using Posi-Locks, but I don't have the slightest idea where to start.

Plenty of people have done it, but I can't find a detailed step-by-step how-to. Anyone know of one that exists?
More detail... To add LED lights do u mean to replace existing bulbs? Or adding p3 or photon blasters made by Skeene company? There is thread where someone installed the p3/photons... From what I gather fairly straight forward. I replaced the stock position lights on the front with white LED lights. You just remove old bulbs and pop in LEDs - check out thread on Bike lighting

·
Registered
37 Posts

I just posted a video review of Skene Design LEDs that I installed front and back on my CBR. Not cheap, but great. The kit comes with Posi-Taps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kal, I do plan to replace most of the stock bulbs with LEDs, but I was referring to the addition of white LED pods or strips to mount on the fairings.

200Fathoms, I'm looking to add LEDs as permanent daytime running lights that are always on when the bike is on. How did you know which wires to tap for the Photon Blasters?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Kal, I do plan to replace most of the stock bulbs with LEDs, but I was referring to the addition of white LED pods or strips to mount on the fairings.

200Fathoms, I'm looking to add LEDs as permanent daytime running lights that are always on when the bike is on. How did you know which wires to tap for the Photon Blasters?
Check out this site .. Looks like they have some neat stuff and detailed instructions with their products.

BikeVis | Unique lighting products for your Motorcycle

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out this site .. Looks like they have some neat stuff and detailed instructions with their products.

BikeVis | Unique lighting products for your Motorcycle
Thanks for the link; their pods and strips are exactly the type I'm looking for. However, at ~$40 each (not including international shipping), it seems a little pricey.

I've had good luck buying several bulbs for my car at SuperBrightLEDs.com; they have a similar product for ~$5 each.

The BikeVis pods/strips are rated to last 50,000+ hours, while the SuperBrightLEDs strips are 10,000+ hours, which helps explain the pricing. Still not sure what I'm gonna do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts