Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to buying a new helmet. I picked up a Shoei Xfourteen yesterday. Rode with it all day today and man it was awesome. Very little wind noise and it didnt feel like my head waqs going to be torn off at highway speeds unlike my sedici strada which felt like it was gonna fly off. Very very light compared to it. Over all im loving it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Wow, that is the mac daddy of Shoei helmets, all-new for 2016. Great investment in riding comfort and enjoyment.

It seems to work pretty well with the CBR250R's semi-upright riding position?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Wow, those air intakes on the Sedici have to be the largest I have ever seen! Perhaps that has something to do with the wind drag you were experiencing.

Matt black is "cool looking", but I prefer the visibility of bright white. While all of my jackets are high-vis yellow/green, I have not gone there with a helmet...yet.

As I have said in other posts, I am really afraid of physical pain, and being hit by a car pretty much tops the list.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that is the mac daddy of Shoei helmets, all-new for 2016. Great investment in riding comfort and enjoyment.

It seems to work pretty well with the CBR250R's semi-upright riding position?
Yeah man i love it. I rode almost 6 hours yesterday all over back roads and highway mix, it flows air extremely well. The cheek pad venting system was pretty awesome too. In the upright position its good. I dont hear a lot of wind noise even on the high way, but i will say it vents the best when i am a little hunched over or fully tucked.

Wow, those air intakes on the Sedici have to be the largest I have ever seen! Perhaps that has something to do with the wind drag you were experiencing.

Matt black is "cool looking", but I prefer the visibility of bright white. While all of my jackets are high-vis yellow/green, I have not gone there with a helmet...yet.

As I have said in other posts, I am really afraid of physical pain, and being hit by a car pretty much tops the list.
I know right. Even with the big rear spoiler on the Sedici it was bad which surprised me.

As far as the color goes it was really this or white. I do plan on getting some 3m reflective take and putting a strip or two on the back of my helmet so it makes me a little more noticeable.

Also i totally agree im not a huge fan of being hit by a car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts