Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, just joined, been lurking for a while. To be honest, this forum helped push me to get the cbr (red) even with sensationalistic threads about various issues. I've been on enough forums to realize that I'll find that anywhere, with any vehicle.

So mine is a red '11 with the only modification being a 2bros slip-on that was on it on the showroom floor. Apparently the dealer had one for it and had one cbr250r and decided to put it on. Naturally they upped the price to cover that, but after some talks with them (including me leaving and them calling me back after about 10 minutes asking me to come back) I got it within the range that my wife and I wanted.

I love this bike. Only other bike I had was a '79 XS650 a few years ago and that made me decide to never again have a bike with carbs. Even with them dialed in nearly perfect, if it was below 68(F), it would take forever to start. And as a commuter, that just didn't work. Also this bike is so light. I love being able to just reach down, pick up the rear end and move the bike closer under the short over-hang on the front of my house in order to keep it completely out of the rain overnight.

Only issues I've had are the rattle (which came up after the first service, hmmm) and the stalling issue. The stalling issue never bothered me enough to be overly concerned, but it seems to have stopped after the first service. Who knows?

Anyway, commuting is fun again. Only trouble is now I look forward to leaving work even more now so that I can get back on the bike.

Cheers.

-Sorry about the title, seems it wouldn't delete out and I can't seem to edit it.-

·
Registered
501 Posts
Good to see someone else bought the CBR250 after reading the fourm. I read the fourm before i bought mine too. Glad to see people arent seeing just the problems with some of the cbr's to base their decsion on.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.Love it when I get out of work and my bikes waiting for me. HA I always seem to take the long way home

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings Cap'n Jack,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New cbr. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts