Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised a while ago (yes I have been a bit slow), here are some photos of the GPR slip on exhaust mounted on my bike.

I went for the carbon look exhaust in the end (carbon pattern but on stainless steel as it is more durable) which I think goes quite well with a black bike. They also have titanium, aluminium and stainless steel in their natural colours available.

At first when I mounted the exhaust with the catalytic converter and the decibel killer in place, I was a bit disappointed. The sound was really that of a dirt bike, a real thumper. I took out the decibel killer and the difference was tremendous. OK, it is a bit more noisy but it has almost completely lost the thuper sound.

The sound file attached as usual does not do it justice (it was recorded on my mobile phone while in my pocket riding the bike). The microphone does not pick up the lower frequencies. Towards the end you can here me shift through to 6th as I get onto the motorway (a bit of full throttle).

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ciao Mario, da dove sei?

Io sono vicino a Milano.

Non sono Itliano ma Inglese, quindi mio Itliano non e perfetto.

Lo scarico e di GPR Jolly di Melegnano.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm from Sicily, so not close to you indeed :rolleyes:
But it is good to know that someone tries alternative muffler solution right here in Italy (too much effort to import from abroad? I am the lazy guy).

Don't really mind speaking italian, unless you want to practice.
English is fine, as is your italian :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK sicily is a bit far away.

Yes the muffler is made by GPR in Melegnano which is not far from me. I left them my bike for 3 weeks to develop the new muffler so I saw them making mufflers in front of me at the factory and so I know they are not chinese made or something like that and then they just stick on GPR with the Italian flag on it when it arrives in Italy.

They have some fairly different styles of muffler too, not all of which I like, but everyone has their own tastes. I don't know if they have made this muffler available yet to buy (probably will get to their internet resellers first).

·
Registered
329 Posts
CBR's muffler is a flame-friendly topic...in my opinion.
The aftermarket ones I have seen so far don't improve significantly how the bike's looking, so I would prefer keeping the original (matter of warranty, matter of taste).
But it's to be considered that "look" and "sound" is not the only aspect: what about specs?
Did you find improvements in top speed or torque or whatever?
How do you feel the bike? Different?
Top of all: how do you feel your wallet?!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well as for the wallet, GPR gave it to me for free as I lent them my bike for 3 weeks. The only thing I paid for was a spare catalytic converter.

I would say that the most noticeable improvement is the low RPM acceleration. The bike seems to pick up better at low RPM with this exhaust as compared to the original one.
As for looks, yes I like the shape of the original exhaust, but it is made of mild steel and so it will soom start to rust even if you do your best to take care of it. If they made the same shape of exhaust in stainless steel (and a lot lighter) then I would pay bucks to have one. I quite like the shape of the GPR exhaust and I think they have got the length just right. It looks quite tidy and sporty (the carbon look goes well with the black bike).
BTW the weight different is significant. I don't know how much the original exhaust weighs, but the GPR is just under 2kg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts