Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm signed up for the Grand Tour of Georgia this year. The tour consists of 20 locations of outdoor art throughout the state (see map), and you must visit 17 out of the 20 locations by Oct 1 to complete the tour. Locations are documented by taking a photo of the outdoor artwork with your motorcycle or a passport book that they send you.

I started this weekend and got my first three locations. If anyone else in GA is interested, sign up. It's a great excuse to go riding and see some places you haven't seen.

Kadie the Cow in Columbus, GA

Jimmy Carter peanut statue in Plains, GA

·
Registered
455 Posts
pretty cool. I need a sport tour...doah

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of the others are actually more in line with the theme of outdoor art...murals, statues, etc.

The other location that I grabbed this weekend was a fountain in Lagrange, GA.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I used to live in Albany, Ga. Was visiting down there 2 years ago. Really miss that southern hospitality.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've *been* in Plains, Ga... near Americus... middle of nowhere... doesn't even get cell signals half the time...

Are you taking back roads, or main highways, like 75 to Plains, and 85 to Columbus and LaGrange?

By, the way... great top case... what is it, and what did you use to mount it? Been using a tail bag on my pillion, and I'm getting tired of kicking the crap out of it, every time I swing my re-bar-like flexible leg over the bike...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See etiainen's comment on the luggage. It is a Kappa 35L case on a Givi rack.

I took interstate only to Lagrange and Columbus. Backroads for most of the rest of the day.

Also included a stop at Providence Canyon.

·
Registered
414 Posts
this is so cool. any idea of stuff like this in the UK.
And why the hell didnt they bring out red and silver in the UK. A BEAUTY!

·
Registered
350 Posts
See etiainen's comment on the luggage. It is a Kappa 35L case on a Givi rack.

I took interstate only to Lagrange and Columbus. Backroads for most of the rest of the day.

Also included a stop at Providence Canyon.
Thanks for the info guys... Pulled the trigger on the mounting rack from 2nd Gear, and ordered a Shad SH-33 top case.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Nice!

I just rode into work today with it. Filled it up to the brim.:)

Got up to interstate speeds without a problem. First real test will be Saturday.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Was finally able to pick up a few more locations today. 300+ miles and three more locations down.

American Made in Buford, GA. A statue of Roy Rogers and horse Trigger.

A Light in the Mountains on the campus of Tallulah Falls School in Tallulah Falls, GA.

Star Gazer #7 in Blairsville, GA.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Three more locations down today.

Villa Theatre Mural - Villa Rica, GA

Romulus and Remus - Rome, GA

Aspiration - Trenton, GA

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice.

How do you find the bead seat on your bottom? Much better after long rides?
I don't use it so much for comfort. I use the beaded seat cover exclusively in hot weather to get some air flow under me, and it works great for that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts