Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live about 2 or 3 miles down a gravel road. I am going to buy a cbr 250. Does anybody have tips or experience riding their cbr on gravel? This is my first motorcycle and the gravel road is giving me some anxiety.

Thanks

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ive taken all my motorcycles ive owned on gravel & dirt roads. Just have to ride for the road condtions. Each one handled differently but no roads have stopped me yet.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I just had mine on gravel for the first time the other day and it's a creepy feeling but it handled it fine. It was a feeling of just constant squirming and wiggling is the best way to describe the feeling I got. The deeper the gravel the worse it felt. Like mentioned above just go slower to match the condition and don't try to make any sudden changes in speed or direction.

·
1,305 Posts
yeah i just sit more upright, try to take any corners very easily as keeping at upright as possible... don't be afraid to put your foot down..

basically... just take it easy

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Relax your arms. Don't be afraid of the throttle. Think of it as a power boat plowing thru the water. You have to apply some throttle to get yourself through. Easing off too much will cause you to go down. Instinct is to let off the throttle but in reality you need "some" power to get through the deep gravel

For light gravel, be careful as it can be like riding on ice

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Don't drop it.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I ride on gravel roads all the time..no problem..just go slower and dont grab the front brake hard..I use 80% rear brake riding on gravel roads...its when the gravel is on top of pavement that you need to worry...thats like riding on marbles

·
Registered
206 Posts
I live down a gravel road about 400 yards worth. When the speed is low and the handeling gets off a bit, standing on the pegs seem to help over sitting on the seat. Pluss I dont think I drive faster then 17-20mph. What ever works for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I live about 2 or 3 miles down a gravel road. I am going to buy a cbr 250. Does anybody have tips or experience riding their cbr on gravel? This is my first motorcycle and the gravel road is giving me some anxiety.

Thanks
I have a similar situation. Cbr250 handles great in gravel. Just remember that traction is significantly less so drive to conditions!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts