Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello world of Honda lovers,

I must admit, I have never ridden before, and I am very new to the motorcycling world. But I've been studying up on my motorcycle manual and am going for my permit test soon. After that I'll be scheduling my MSF course, and hopefully if all goes well I'll be looking to buy the one and only 2011 Honda cbr250r!

I wanted to actually speak to some people who really ride the bike itself to just get a real rider's opinion on the machine. I've read reviews from everywhere but they don't ride the bike like you folks do!

I have just one question. I stand about 6'3". Will the size of the 250r be any trouble for me? I have been to my local dealership and actually pushed one around, sat on it, reviewed its beauty, lol... and I loved it! It's amazingly comfortable, but I wasn't able to actually ride it, all I did was sit on it, I didn't even prop up my feet! So, anybody else out there extremely tall riding this bike? Please let me know, and if you think the bike might be too small for me, would there be any other equivalent entry level bikes similar to the 250r?

thanks so much everybody, i look forward to reading your posts
squidward4now

p.s. i live in mass, any advice on what to expect for the ma permit test? i heard there's a lot of questions on suspension laws and alcohol fines...

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm not sure if it's the same in Mass, but here in Georgia, the MSF class is a license and permit waiver class, after which (assuming you pass) you get your M endorsement... No need to deal with the DMV at all (other than having them endorse you).

I'm waiting on my cbr250r as well, however, after sitting on that, and a couple other 250's in the sport class (Ninja, Hyosung), the cbr seems to offer the *most* leg room.

Congratulations on the new bike!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings squidward4now,

Welcome to the Forum. A+ on the MSF course.

·
Registered
636 Posts
welcome aboard squidward..test questions on alchohol? hmm..im going to gamble and say dont select answer a) its ok to drink a sixer amd then go cruise through a school zone at 3:00pm..:) hope you have lots of fun on your new bike..

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Welcome.

I'm new to the motorcycle world too, and i was worried about the dramatized "lack of power" that people associate with 250cc bikes.

If that is something you're concerned about, well, don't be. It has some kick for being a small bike (I'm 6'0, 178 lbs.). You won't regret it.

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts