Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys.. This is my first post here..

I m gonna get my cbr250r this week.. ABS version.. I'm 19.. And this is my first bike.. So i request as much advice as you can give to a newbie.. Everything from driving to maintaining to having the greatest riding experience ever!!

Thanx in advance!!
:):):):):):):):):):):)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Thanks.. Anything Else??
Motorcycle riding is dangerous, you may be maimed or even killed,
statistically more dangerous than flying, being a pedestrian, taking drugs, or having sex with strangers.

Enjoy and welcome :).

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
If you have the funds to pay cash for a new bike you are luckier than most teenagers.

If not, why not save enough to buy something second-hand, that you can take off road a bit. You'd learn plenty of riding skills on surfaces that might be tricky at times, but are generally more forgiving when you have the inevitable off.

You would learn more about maintenance, and how motorcycles work as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have the funds to pay cash for a new bike you are luckier than most teenagers.

If not, why not save enough to buy something second-hand, that you can take off road a bit. You'd learn plenty of riding skills on surfaces that might be tricky at times, but are generally more forgiving when you have the inevitable off.

You would learn more about maintenance, and how motorcycles work as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motorcycle riding is dangerous, you may be maimed or even killed,
statistically more dangerous than flying, being a pedestrian, taking drugs, or having sex with strangers.

Enjoy and welcome .
I am ready to take my chances.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Seriously, if you haven't already, take a motorcycle training course.
Welcome, and enjoy your new found freedom. Riding is a sweet release!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Seriously, if you haven't already, take a motorcycle training course.
I second this comment, I rode dirt bikes on farms for a time when i was younger but took the motorcycle safety course offered by the state and was happier for it. They train you in all the leaning and tight turning you never would expect. Also I think most insurance companies may offer a discount for you if you took the course. Not sure about all the course offered but mine was two and a half days. One Friday evening book work(easy), Saturday and Sunday all day riding. The course was $20 and at the end of it, they give you the option of having your money back or donating it to the course to help keep it going. Of course for $20 I donated it, well worth it. Almost no one fails the course so don't fear that. After that you get a nice little card that says you passed the course and go down to your local DMV for the new class rating on your license.

If your training courses are anything like mine, securing a seat for you and your wife or girlfriend can be a chore. I made sure to keep checking a website provided by the state for local class schedule during the winter to secure my place in the spring. They fill up quickly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts