Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I'm planning on buying a brand-new 2011 Honda CBR250?

I will order a lowering kit from Krooztune since I'm short.

My question is can I adjust the handlebar on this motorcycle? I would like to pull it towards me by 2inches.

Thank you for your feedback.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i don't know if they make handle bars for this bike yet, but i'd say ride it and see if you can get used to it. as far as sportbikes go this one sits pretty upright, they only get farther from here unless you go to a standard bike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bikers (a company based in Thailand - their parts are featured somewhere on this site) makes an adjustable handlebar set. Don't know if it will meet your needs but its the only handlebar set that I've seen for the CBR250.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You will need to get used to the seating on the CBR. With proper riding technique and stronger core muscles you will find that the CBR is actually a bit too upright with the handlebars and rearsets. Consider when you get into a tuck (something you will do if you want to got faster on the CBR due to the drag) your arms will be up by your neck, while in a proper sportbike your arms are much more relaxed instead of being so tightly bent.

I would also seriously consider forgoing the lowering links, unless you are 5'4" or under. I'm 5'10", certainly no giant, and I can flat-foot the bike no problem without touching the seat with my butt. If you can get the balls of both feet to touch the ground you should leave it where it is and learn to ride with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your replies.

@Amontgomery - I do need to lower the bike since I'm just 5ft which is too short for this bike.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for an email reply from Krooztune.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Check with Corbin on how much their seat can be lowered.

My wife is 5'1" and she only needs it about 2" lower. Add some boots that give an extra inch and a lower seat and she would be golden.

Personally I like the suspension geometry of the bike so much that I would do just about anything before I lowered it. But then again, riding it lowered is better than not riding it at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OEM Honda lowering link is this part #, or so I've been told. Available by order through any Honda dealer.

The part # is 52475-KYJ-900 - ROD SUB-ASSY

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is a handy site for discovering (and plotting) various ergonomic strategies.

Motorcycle Ergonomics

You can plug in your height/inseam, and then adjust parameters like the seat, handlebars, etc... as well as see what your stance is relative to a bike of interest (e.g., For a BMW R1200GS Adventure, it correctly shows that I can't even touch the ground.:D) You can also compare with other bikes you may have tried or want to try.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you have any questions on lowering the bike please ask I just had my wifes done. being 5' you will still be tip-toeing the bike but it will be easily driveable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts