Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Since one is getting older and bending to grasp the handlebar is very difficult. Therefore, I would like to replace original handlebar with higher one. I have pro taper or something similar in mind as it will give handling like touring bike. Naturally i have to sit a bit higher and get stronger wind.

My question is if the original handlebar-plate is strong enough to carry 2 mountings for handlebar? If yes, I shall drill immediate holes in order to montage handlebar mountings.

thanks in advance for your inputs

Cheers

Pheesama

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
There is a pic somewhere here with a red naked cbr with it done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i saw a cbr250 near Pinkloa in Bkk with handlebars fitted
Thanks foor your comment. I would realy love to know that original handlebar plate is strong enough to hod the mountings.

@ Aufitt
what wass your impression of that naked redish CBR you saw here somewhere. Was it good looking or was it unacceptable?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Thanks foor your comment. I would realy love to know that original handlebar plate is strong enough to hod the mountings.

@ Aufitt
what wass your impression of that naked redish CBR you saw here somewhere. Was it good looking or was it unacceptable?
Ugly as sin lol, but beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.. the frame is not substantial enough to go naked on a little cbr.

But it had the high bars with top clamps the OP is asking about.

Ive searched.. and cant find it.. mebbe Redline can help us, I'm sure he posted it from another forum....?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dear Aufitt,
thanks for comment. Alright then no naked. I have caoght up with the though of making it into half naked like chop up partially the fairing?
I saw what Moto Vito has done with his and I must say it looks aesthetic.
I do hope he will reply my PM providing info....

cheers
Pheesama

Finally! I have found the origin of he minimalis modification. It has "streetfighter" look http://indianmotosblog.com/tauco-custom-honda-cbr250r

1 - 7 of 7 Posts