Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Ordered my CBR back in march. Was told April, then may,and then june. Got sick of it and said forget the whole thing and bought a 600 yamaha instead. Well it finally came in and im thinking about buying it for the wife ( and me ). So im wondering are you happy with your purchase? Would you do it again? Is the performance acceptable? Would really appreciate your imput Thanks

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
CBR250R vs Ninja

Hi everyone, Ordered my CBR back in march. Was told April, then may,and then june. Got sick of it and said forget the whole thing and bought a 600 yamaha instead. Well it finally came in and im thinking about buying it for the wife ( and me ). So im wondering are you happy with your purchase? Would you do it again? Is the performance acceptable? Would really appreciate your imput Thanks
The only other bike to consider in this price range is the Ninja250. Here is some reading.
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/honda-cbr250-general-discussion/746-cbr-ninja-stable-mates.html
CBR and Ninja are stable mates - ninjette.org

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm enjoying my CBR250R more than my old Shadow Spirit VT750DC, which I had for five years. The Ceebie is smoother over expansion joints and potholes and doesn't toss me out of the seat like the Shadow did, even after I fitted it with a Mustang Vintage Wide seat. Even in my mid-forties, I find the riding posture on the CBR very comfortable. The only position that I find difficult is a full tuck, where my neck gets tired of holding the helmet back far enough for me to see.

There is no contest when it comes to performance......sportbike vs. cruiser......CBR = WINNING! :D I actually like having a bike I can toss around and push to it's limits without getting to the point where I need to change my shorts. ;) I'd just get into trouble with more cc's.

I'm sure your wife will love it. She'll also have a hard time keeping you off it. :) :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
After riding a Honda Nighthawk all weekend in the MSF safety course, I'm really appreciating how well made the CBR250R is. It's a dream to ride compared to one of those old naked Hondas.

I can't compare it to the Ninja since I haven't ridden it but I know that it's hard to be the our bike for beginners. I'm more happy with my choice than ever.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Three Thumbs Up

Absolutely Love This Bike !!!

I would wait 7 months for it again with a deposit.

1. Driveability, Flickability in turns, and the completely usable Powerband make the fun factor off the charts on this bike. :cool:
2. Excellent Fuel Economy. :p
3. Beautiful Aesthetics. This Baby Blade is the unchallenged supermodel of sub 500cc bikes. I get more complements on her beautiful curves than I remember. I feel like the ugly dude in the room accompanied by a girl way above my league :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
Just took the cbr out tonight on a nice curvy night ride around a couple ravines and then through some local neigborhood, and the feeling is always purely sweet. you can also see the people checking out the bike at lights and stuff..kinda neat..but the thing rides awesome. try to get a test ride and find out..:-}

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just took the cbr out tonight on a nice curvy night ride around a couple ravines and then through some local neigborhood, and the feeling is always purely sweet. you can also see the people checking out the bike at lights and stuff..kinda neat..but the thing rides awesome. try to get a test ride and find out..:-}
Sounds fun! Where do you live?

·
Registered
636 Posts
yeah ohio is pretty cool..born and raised..but moved all over then back..sandiego, denver, outerbanks northcarolina, short stint in jersey..back here though now for the time being..tryin to get down south in the near future..fla, n.c., somewhere i can use my surfboards, motorcycle, ect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok so how bout some of you ohio peeps meet up and ride? I live half way between Columbus and Canton. Im dieing to see someone on the road with this bike. Very soon im gunna be driving to dublin for work and i want to buy a good mpg bike this seems to be the bike im lookiing at. Why dont may or worm meet up. One of you can meet me at my place then we can ride to the other persons place and go riding for the day let me know if you two are game for it

·
Registered
681 Posts
yeah ohio is pretty cool..born and raised..but moved all over then back..sandiego, denver, outerbanks northcarolina, short stint in jersey..back here though now for the time being..tryin to get down south in the near future..fla, n.c., somewhere i can use my surfboards, motorcycle, ect.
Not sure about NC but there are tons of places on the Atlantic side of Florida that would be great for surfing but the temps kind of suck for riding... unless you can get into a rural area without too much traffic.

·
Registered
636 Posts
yeah, n.c. is my favorite place, outerbanks; i fell in love with the place when i lived there, from 1997-1999. wilmington n.c. is a real nice beach community but not sure about the work situation..havent been to the atlantic side of fla..you taken the machine out yet worm?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've only ridden a little around my apartments. I'm going to get my endorsement today so then I can get out on the main roads. I just didn't want to take too many risks. I'm not covered for crashes on insurance until I get my endorsement.

The heat here sucks too but that's not going to stop me. :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
thats cool.. take your time feelin it out..you moved to tennesse right? hot and muggy i bet..not bad here in cbus today..thats wierd about your insurance. i guess each company has thier own little quirks..

·
Registered
636 Posts
ok so how bout some of you ohio peeps meet up and ride? I live half way between Columbus and Canton. Im dieing to see someone on the road with this bike. Very soon im gunna be driving to dublin for work and i want to buy a good mpg bike this seems to be the bike im lookiing at. Why dont may or worm meet up. One of you can meet me at my place then we can ride to the other persons place and go riding for the day let me know if you two are game for it
i might ride to iron pony today if i have time..a manager that works there wants to see the bike too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
dude, i live there! Just moved here in January.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wish i didnt work today or i would meet you down there. I live in Mount Vernon just north of Newark. Worm good luck on the test its not hard youll do fine. If any of you three want to meet up that would be awesome. I have my harley and a stunted out 636 but hopefully ill have the ninja sold by this weekend. Ill send you three my number feel free to send me a text let me know your nickname so i know who you are on here. Kaspar you live in Dublin?? if you do we will have to ride i just moved here as well job is transferring me to headquarters there off of 270 and 33

·
Registered
636 Posts
I wish i didnt work today or i would meet you down there. I live in Mount Vernon just north of Newark. Worm good luck on the test its not hard youll do fine. If any of you three want to meet up that would be awesome. I have my harley and a stunted out 636 but hopefully ill have the ninja sold by this weekend. Ill send you three my number feel free to send me a text let me know your nickname so i know who you are on here. Kaspar you live in Dublin?? if you do we will have to ride i just moved here as well job is transferring me to headquarters there off of 270 and 33
just rode out to 23 and 270 and past to highbanks park. nice little park to ride through..i work all day sunday..but hopefully we'll get this thing together..:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts