Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding myself taking longer and longer trips and wanting a way to carry a few things securely along the way. I am looking for a pair of hard saddlebags/panniers, like the ones offered by Givi, but specifically designed to mount on the CBR250.

I saw in another thread, a Thai or Malaysian CBR250 with, what appeared to be, purpose built hard cases. I have reason to believe that the exact model would not be available stateside yet, so I am looking for an alternative.

Another option is a soft bag combo like a Big Loop Coyote, but it would lack the security of a hard case.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's not hard to get the Givi E21's to fit. You will need to make some spacers etc. I saw some pictures of the panniers fitted but can't find them at the moment. search google.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I saw in another thread, a Thai or Malaysian CBR250 with, what appeared to be, purpose built hard cases. I have reason to believe that the exact model would not be available stateside yet, so I am looking for an alternative.
I'm with you on this. I'd pony up tomorrow for a set of V35's and a mounting kit for the CBR. Those looked great on the bike, and they hold a lot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not hard to get the Givi E21's to fit. You will need to make some spacers etc. I saw some pictures of the panniers fitted but can't find them at the moment. search google.
I just looked them up, those look like the way to go, and the damage wasn't as bad as I was expecting, less than 200usd for the set. Paired with a tank bag and I think I could carry everything I need on longer trips.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Any idea which mounts would be the best fit for the 2011 cbr250r?
you would have to make something up yourself. bolt it from the rear hand grips and the passenger footpegs also under the pillion seat there is a bracket that the rear light bolts to you could probably use that from under neath for extra support. (drilling required)

the side boxes and mounts come with some metal strips for re-engineering .

·
Registered
127 Posts
you would have to make something up yourself. bolt it from the rear hand grips and the passenger footpegs also under the pillion seat there is a bracket that the rear light bolts to you could probably use that from under neath for extra support. (drilling required)

the side boxes and mounts come with some metal strips for re-engineering .
As soon as pannier threads don't end in fabrication, I and another 1,000 people are in.

·
Registered
133 Posts
well if ya want to pay for the finished item. let me know how much your prepared to pay for a rack complete with the pannier mounts and I will see if its feasable.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Have you seen the Pelican system? It's awesome, I have a couple Pelican cases that I keep in my backpack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's one of the reason that I sold my ZZR250, no one made a rack to put hard luggage on it. The CBR is tempting me (I currently have a XT250), but not before I can put some Givi E21 and a top box on it. Soft luggage is not secure enough for city riding, you have to keep your bike in sight all the time.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have you seen the Pelican system? It's awesome, I have a couple Pelican cases that I keep in my backpack.
Hi, what are those Pelicans #? Can you share any tips on which mounting rack is good for the 250R?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts