·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^

OEM or bolt-over?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ That screen fits the baby blade (250RR).

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I almost bought from tyga bc it's exactly what I wanted. Then saw shipping was $40!!! No thanks. I ordered a Puig windscreen. Expecting it on Friday. Paid about $90 including shipping.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I almost bought from tyga bc it's exactly what I wanted. Then saw shipping was $40!!! No thanks. I ordered a Puig windscreen. Expecting it on Friday. Paid about $90 including shipping.
^ +1 same not to mention the pain in the ass to install these windscreens.

Just not worth it. Either Krylon Fusion it, plasti-dip or leave it stock.

·
Registered
305 Posts
@TheAOP:
I plan to do FE and windscreen over break. As well as everything else I ordered. Hopefully I won't get too pissed off and give up. Lol. But those two are the ones I'm worried about.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ I left it on the bike. I took a massive 50 gallon trashbag and slipped it over top the windscreen. I took two more and placed them over painted surfaces. I then layered them with towels to help absorb any residual and sprayed the screen. It was a bit tricky but turned out really well without the hassle of removing the fairings.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
^ +1 same not to mention the pain in the ass to install these windscreens.

Just not worth it. Either Krylon Fusion it, plasti-dip or leave it stock.
What about 5% limo tint?

Most likely until part prices come down I will be sportin' an oem clear windscreen. I can see myself losing a screw or nut and getting stressed out. I cannot justify paying ninety hard earned dollars buying another windscreen because of color when my windscreen perfectly fine. I think some of us become too obsessed with our vehicles.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You still would have been better off with Tyga's parts, $32.22 + $40= $72.22, that would have saved you $17.78!! The only drawback would be the shipping taking a month.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^

Just spray it... Problem solved.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I give props to the real road warriors and rough riders sporting beat up, scuffed up, cracked, holes in the windscreen, raggedy seat, gum plugging a hole in the radiator.... motorcycles. My goes off to you! As long as you are still riding on two wheels is what's important, not how pretty your bike is, how big your cc's are and how your gear matches.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You still would have been better off with Tyga's parts, $32.22 + $40= $72.22, that would have saved you $17.78!! The only drawback would be the shipping taking a month.
I'm an instant gratification type. lol. And the puig seemed nicer. And I don't really trust ordering stuff from China. No offense to my people or anything. :)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I'm an instant gratification type. lol. And the puig seemed nicer. And I don't really trust ordering stuff from China. No offense to my people or anything. :)
Picking up what you're puttin downs sista! A person can ride around looking like poo...all scratched up, torn etc or.....ride around lookin good. Scratched, torn, broken up isn't necessarily a badge of honour. Could be a really really bad rider:eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts