Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone rocked their bike without the exhaust cover? Just wandering what it looks like without the cover.

·
Registered
628 Posts
You mean the heat shield right? I thought about it, but when i took it off i decided not too and just painted it

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ Looks good without the heat shield. I might take mine off.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You mean the heat shield right? I thought about it, but when i took it off i decided not too and just painted it
Yeah the heat shield. Why paint it when you can just rock it without? I had a heat shield on my former scooter due to problems with the weld braking off on the mounts so I took it off and it actually looked better.

The pro to taking the heat shield off is that if you ever scratch up your exhaust you can just put the heat shield back on and it will look clean again.

Some people say put an aftermarket exhaust on but I'm actually one of the minority that likes the stock exhaust. The aftermarket exhausts out there for our bike sound horrible to me. No aftermarket exhaust will be able to duplicate the throaty sound of the bigger bikes with aftermarket exhausts like two bros exhausts.

Actually, I never heard of a motorcycle with a heat shield before I got my bike, reminds me of a scooter.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Before I got my leo vince exhaust. I removed heat shield from stock muffler and cut off the holding brackets, smoothed down all welds and painted with high heat paint. Looked alot better and it wasnt sticking that extra inch

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hopefully you don't' scratch up your exhaust.:)

May be better to scratch the heat shield over the exhaust though.

·
Registered
628 Posts
^^^ when i took it off i would have left it off but didnt feel like grinding off the brackets to make it look cleaner. Im just lazy lol. It doesnt bother me much anyways. Does look a bit cleaner without though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had my heat sheild powder coated silver, along with the footpeg brackets as these all seemed to be sub standard finish wise. They look much better now. Proper Honda Quality.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone have any pictures of it with the heat shield off? I don't think too much of the aftermarket mufflers either and would prefer to keep the stock sound, just look better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts