Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my 99 cbr250rr just a few weeks ago, to get it registered I needed to change the exhaust over to the “standard” exhaust given to me with the bike. Only issue was that the person before drilled a pinky sized hole to get a stuck bolt out and now the thing is buggered… any help identifying the exhaust as I need a new one asap!
Cylinder Gas Nickel Liquid Auto part

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
853 Posts
pinky sized hole to get a stuck bolt out and now the thing is buggered… any help identifying the exhaust as I need a new one asap!
Hi
I didn't understand what came out and what needs to be returned to your used exhaust?
Maybe you add some close-up photos so we can get a better impression of your specific problem, and then maybe offer you a solution on how to fix it locally.
In the meantime, I googled about "CBR250RR 1999 MUFFLER", and this is what came out:
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Light Product Automotive lighting Font

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm guessing by the design it's about 15 years old and not likely a name brand part. Why bother replacing it with the same part? This is your chance to choose your own exhaust. It's a slip-on, right?
Yeah the exhaust is a slip on, is there any slip ons that’ll pass a NSW blue slip? The exhaust that’s on it may, but we’re not sure at this point. Is Masuri any decent, I think the thing needs to be under 95 decibel to pass blue slip inspection.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think the thing needs to be under 95 decibel to pass blue slip inspection.
Sorry, but I'm still not sure I fully understand what your problem is?
Maybe a decibel killer will help you?
Product Tool Font Auto part Engineering

·
Super Moderator
1,451 Posts
Yeah the exhaust is a slip on, is there any slip ons that’ll pass a NSW blue slip? The exhaust that’s on it may, but we’re not sure at this point. Is Masuri any decent, I think the thing needs to be under 95 decibel to pass blue slip inspection.
Most slip-on muffler manufacturers will note in their advertising if their product passes noise restrictions. That's one of the reasons I chose a Delkevik slip-on when I wanted something a little louder than the stock pipe. You can further reduce the sound by adding dB killers or a longer can. Your biggest problem will probably be the age of the bike and finding a manufacturer that has anything that will fit a 1999 CBR250RR.
Delkevic

·
Registered
853 Posts
You can further reduce the sound by adding dB killers
You reminds me the thread that was here recently, which there I was wondering how to make our original exhaust even quieter. Here is the relevant link:
Now that I see that our friend is looking for a solution to reduce decibels, and I also haven't found in the market a suitable solution for me...it leaves me with another line of thought. What's these decibel killers built from? Well:
  1. Pipe.
  2. Drills.
  3. and screws or pop rivets, or both.
A pipe can be made by yourself out of stainless steel tin less than a millimeter thick.
Maybe this is the future for me? Because the desire for an even quieter exhaust didn't pass me by.
I searched on YouTube for: "DIY motorcycle decibel killer"
This is one of the results:

Reactions: Mory
1 - 7 of 7 Posts