Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Wheel color

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to get my wheels painted. And im debating either to go with black, which i know you can never go wrong with. Or going outside the box and trying white. My bike is the 6 color (Tri-color). What are your opinions or thoughts

·
Registered
628 Posts
white is more visible and in my opinion more original...black everything is over played and on its way out
On its way out? Dont think so, too many kooks out there for blacked out to go away.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
No I haven't seen white wheels- might look neat though. White will be a total PITA to keep looking nice, completely the opposite of black.

If you do change the color, I would suggest powder over paint.

You want outside the box? How about this? No idea why you would choose green...

Jay

·
Registered
628 Posts
^^ or a yellow passenger peg bracket hah.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
What about gold to match the graphics or blue to match the tank?

+1 on the powder coating too
Yes - a soft gold like the graphic outline would look nice IMO.

Dark blue would also work if you wanted dark, but not black.

If you do powder coat the rims, using a metallic color (like either of those) will require a clearcoat. Usually there will be a 50% additional charge for clear. Base price for black is around $85 +/- per wheel. Bearings need to be removed to powder coat the wheels.

Jay

·
Registered
18 Posts
No I haven't seen white wheels- might look neat though. White will be a total PITA to keep looking nice, completely the opposite of black.

Jay
lol this guys bike will be famous and he won't even know it! Not the mention the upside down sticker!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love the look of black, but too many have it i think im going to go with the white. But on the other hand i didn't think about the blue. Maybe matching the tank that would look soooo cool!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I voted for black, but I think white would look pretty cool on the tri-color, maybe with red/bue rim stripes. But that's just me. Remember, I want an orange and light blue color scheme. lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
I voted for black, but I think white would look pretty cool on the tri-color, maybe with red/bue rim stripes. ...
Genius idea!

I was thinking black all along. But white with red rim stripes could be BEAUTIFUL. to photoshop I go!

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
i had a CBR 600 F2 years ago that had white rims. They looked great but... they were a complete pain in the ass to keep clean because of the brake dust. With the nooks and crannies on the stock rims on my 250 it's hard enough keeping the silver rims clean. So if you're willing to keep them clean, i think your bike would look awesome with white rims. Be sure to post pictures if you do it.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Jay
Looks like Captain America is humping the Hulk

·
Registered
341 Posts
I love the look of black, but too many have it i think im going to go with the white. But on the other hand i didn't think about the blue. Maybe matching the tank that would look soooo cool!
Blue please! And post pics. I'm possibly a day or two away from a Captain America CBR and I don't like the stock silver wheels.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts