Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows where to find specs that show what wattage & amperage the alternator puts out and how much wattage and amperage the bike draws when running.

The reason being is that I want to know beforehand if the charging system can handle heated grips that draw 48 watts & 4 amps at the highest setting along with a vest that draws 45 watts & three amps.

I know the vest by itself will be fine but I'd like to know if the grips will or won't work first before spending $90 and having to find out the hard (expensive) way.

It's a lot to ask of a little bike. Heck, it's a lot to ask of most bikes big or small so I certainly wouldn't be put off if it hasn't the juice.

Edit: Sorry about the title, I thought I removed the year make model thing. I thought wrong :(

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You for that info.

340 watts doesn't sound like a lot but I think it's enough.

I can't fathom all the electrics (lights, dash, computer etc..) taking more than 200 watts. For safety sake I'll assume 240 leaving 100 watts to spare which would be plenty for grips & vest (93 watts, 7.3 amps total).

There's still a little oomph left for a gps (if I had one) which requires barely any wattage at all.

I just won't ever toy with the idea of installing external lights (70-110 watts) or use a full sleeve heated liners (65-90 watts depending on brand & model).

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To the admin or mods or whoever fixed the title of this thread: Thank You :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts