Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I did a search before asking so dont start busting my b**ls please, i bought a 250R for my wife last year and i hate the stock sound of the bike, it really really bothers me. So over the winter i have narrowed it down to two models,

Either ;

Akrapovic

OR

Yoshimura TRC

Does anyone have an opinion as to which one is quieter? Does anyone know if either one comes with a silencer?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I know the Akra is quiet, deep sounding ,quality, lightweight, increases torque @6000rpm by eleventy billion (ok maybe not quite that much but it really changed the bike) No loss of top end, and comes with an insert.

Consider Vince and Arrow as well.. lots of threads on them all.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Personally for the price I would have to try out a Danmoto, they may be complete crap, but at half the price (at least) of the major brands it's worth a look. Besides, how crap can they be, a s/o is hardly an advanced piece of hardware.

·
Registered
879 Posts
To me the yosh looks great but just terrible loud. I even thought about taking it back off but local shop pulled out the silencer re worked it and its better now

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To me the yosh looks great but just terrible loud. I even thought about taking it back off but local shop pulled out the silencer re worked it and its better now

Sorry you said it was loud and you took it to the shop and they took out the silencer???? I am confused:confused:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Sorry you said it was loud and you took it to the shop and they took out the silencer???? I am confused:confused:
Read what he said. They took it out and re worked it. AKA they modified the silencer to be more effective.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I went with the FULL YOSHI SS system ,it has the lowest decibels reading of the exhaust that I could get :rolleyes: AND not to loud, sport bikes and harleys are still much louder :eek: put one on and ride the hell out of it :cool:

·
Registered
879 Posts
I said they re worked the silencer. Just taking it out would make it even louder. They did some welding, drilling, and re routed the exhaust flow. Much better now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts