Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's pages and pages of uncommon goods there for the 250R and I'm thinking there's a catch, like ridiculous shipping and taxes to ship from Japan.

Speak up if you have experience with this site.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I tried to order a rear rack from them, and they processed the order (exchange rate and all) and THEN they emailed me to say the item wasn't available. Upon refund, the exchange rate loss came to $13.00. I emailed them to complain that they shouldn't have charged me in the first place if the item wasn't available and that I'd incurred a loss as a result of their negligence, but all I got was a "we're sorry" (which sounds like a broken record from TEPCO). :mad:

I won't be ordering from them again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sucks to hear. I really wanted those engine cover sliders, I don't think anyone in the US makes them yet. Guess I'll wait it out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I ordered the rack from them and received it via air freight less than a week later.
Their charge-first, check-inventory policy sounds like it needs changing. From what I hear from Americans that have worked in Japan, the culture tends to be very strict about 'rules' and following them to the letter (maybe some of you here that are currently in Japan can comment or correct me). If that's true then I'm not surprised if a request to adjust the transaction would be met with a 'no rule bending' attitude.

Sounds like a crapshoot.. had the exchange rate been favorable to the U.S. that day, you would have gotten back MORE than you paid..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds like a crapshoot.. had the exchange rate been favorable to the U.S. that day, you would have gotten back MORE than you paid..
Would be if the bank didn't take a cut for each exchange transfer (e.g., they always give about 2% less than the posted rate, so even if you were to go back and forth on the same day, you lose 4% right off).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts