Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aloha ;)
Sean here, excited to be on the forums, I have been reading silently for a while :D
anyways, I ordered a black cbr 250r non abs about 4 months ago and was told it was going to be shipped april 19th My bike is 1 of 2 coming to South Sea Cycles! (1 black, which is mine, and 1 red). Well, of course that got moved back :rolleyes: so it was moved to May 23! Needless to say I was not very pleased but I patiently waited and then I called on the 23rd to make sure it had shipped and I was given the best news I have had for a while, it actually shipped! Haha So since I live in Hawaii I have to wait 3 weeks for delivery and 1 day for assembly and prep. I just cant wait anymore, each day is killing me!! This is my first bike, I already took the MSF course and loved it. I got all my gear just waiting, and its funny because I already have so many extra parts just waiting in my apartment to put on the new bike when I bring it home!!! (My fav being the tinted windscreen). I am going for an all Black and Red scheme. With that said I have many Red trimmings from TYGA <3 since nothing is available out of the US yet. I am so excited I just want it to be here already ahhhh.....

So onto the good stuff....I was wondering everybodies opinion....
I am trying to get the rims powder coated since Honda shipped the bike with silver....What do you guys think would be best for my scheme, Red powder coating, or Black? Thoughts?

Thank you all and I will post major pics when I get it and after each change! (Mahalo) Also, if you in Hawaii I would love to find some people who are down for a ride, we got a beautiful rock here lets have some fun....

·
Registered
928 Posts
Welcome and I do envy you for living in motorcycle paradise. Where did you get the tinted windscreen from?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Sean, Black and red sounds awesome! I'm so keen to get a tinted windscreen too - and I'm going to change my bar ends too to something a bit more colourful. Have fun when it's delivered, and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Red! That would look hot, good idea. But it would have to be the 'right' red I suppose, and powder coat looks different than paint maybe. The color on the red bikes is nice- bright and deep.

If you wanted a different color theme, I think orange would be cool too. GL

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oooooh! I can't wait to see pics! I agree with qlred! It depends on what shade of red you were thinkin of putting on the rims! But either way, I'm sure it'll look awesome! Please post up pics ASAP! I think other than yourself, you've got a couple of us excited to see the final outcome!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hey Sean, know ya got the tinted windscreen. I was gonna order one too except just read another thread where it takes 4hrs and have to remove all the fairings, guages headlight etc to switch out windscreens. Theres gotta be another way.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Sean, know ya got the tinted windscreen. I was gonna order one too except just read another thread where it takes 4hrs and have to remove all the fairings, guages headlight etc to switch out windscreens. Theres gotta be another way.
Haha, I don't know anything about it.... if that is the case when I go to install it (1 week till bike arrives) I will let ya know and then I am gonna have my dealer install it during the Assembly and Prep like they are doing with my Red Chain and Two Brothers Exhaust :cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm likin the color scheme. My R6 is mostly black with red accents. I personally like the look of pc'd black rims with a red ring, but red def stands out if thats what your looking for.

Start looking at the red anodized stuff. That usually breaks up the colors pretty good too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm likin the color scheme. My R6 is mostly black with red accents. I personally like the look of pc'd black rims with a red ring, but red def stands out if thats what your looking for.

Start looking at the red anodized stuff. That usually breaks up the colors pretty good too.
Thanks man, I actually have all the red anodized stuff sold on TYGA at the moment. I am waiting on red brake and clutch levers and red rear sets....

I will have to consider black with the red strips that would look killer too.

Any places selling those levers or anodized sets yet that you know of?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nothing yet for the levers. Im sure they will start popping up soon. Im a big fan of Pazzo's so i'll be waiting for those.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing yet for the levers. Im sure they will start popping up soon. Im a big fan of Pazzo's so i'll be waiting for those.
I dont know anything about Pazzo, but I looked them up on the internet and seem like the real deal for levers....I will probably wait too :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts