Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody with diagrams of the different pieces of the bike post the diagram of the headlight assembly please?

And I'd be very interested in hearing what is in or around it that could become loose.

Reason being is that my rattle started after 500km or so. I had to have the headlight assembly replaced after 16,000km and it was completely cured it, it sounded like I just drove it out of the dealers for the first time since I hit 500km. After a few hundred KM with the new one I can hear it just beginning again (I think), and am interested in what parts in or around it could become loose.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Pull it apart, wherever you see rub marks, its rattleing.
adhesive foam tape between them (or a dob of shoo goo) and forget loctite threadlock .. use 'Never seize' (silver grease) on threads never come loose.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thanks.

I'd also like to see a diagram if someone has one. I've seen a few for other parts on here but don't know the source. :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Pull it apart, wherever you see rub marks, its rattleing.
adhesive foam tape between them (or a dob of shoo goo) and forget loctite threadlock .. use 'Never seize' (silver grease) on threads never come loose.
Never seize is kinda the opposite of loctite. It's made so bolts don't corrode and break when you go to remove them. Loctite is made so that your bolts don't rattle or spin loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts