Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! I managed to install the Healtech Electronics Gear Position Indicator.
Go to HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro, X-TRE, FI Tuner Pro, OBD Tool for more info.
Below are some important things you need to know if you plan to buy and install the accessory yourself.
1. Make sure you buy the GIpro X-type & GPX-H02 Harness Kit.
2. Remove left fairing. See users manual (straight forward, couple of screws and a good tug to release the tabs)
3. Remove left plastic cover beneath tank and seat. http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/GenMacSMiley/GI-Pro_Installation_CBR250R1.jpg
4. Locate the inside boot connectors.
5. Follow GIpro X-type & GPX-H02 Harness Kit install guide. Refer to 2nd image below for wire connections. http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/GenMacSMiley/GI-Pro_Installation_CBR250R.jpg
6. Here's the indicator shown on my instrument panel. http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/GenMacSMiley/GI-Pro_Installation_CBR250R2.jpg

Good luck!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it took me around 1.5~2 hours minus all the research I did to find out which wires to tap. I had a hard time separating the speed sensor coupler as 'twas a bit tight. Oh, you'll need a socket wrench to loosen the bolts on the rear fairing. I have a rear stand so getting the GI to learn the gears was a breeze.. else you'll need to find a long stretch of road.

·
745 Posts
Let us know how the experience goes... I like the idea, but I've heard that the devices can get out of sync... Post again when you get some time on the device

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Install was fairly easy. I'm not a DIY guy myself so I bet others can install this accessory much faster. As for the experience, it currently suits my need as a beginner rider. For now, I'm just using it as a guide for my gearing but would eventually out grow the need as I become more familiar with my bike. checkout my video to see it in action. I'm wondering if there are other GIs out there that would indicate the gear even when the clutch is pulled in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@chasp: I did use 5th and 6th near the end of the video.

I usually select the gears to try and keep the revs around 5K depending on the speed when I'm in "cruise" mood. I just feel that if I keep the rev around 5K I can open it up if need be and the bike will respond quicker. I'm not comfortable on higher gears especially when speeds are fairly low (under rev). Yes, you can down shift quickly but I want instant access to power just in case.

It's different when I'm in "NFS" mood, then I'll stretch the rpms higher per gear. :)

I'm a beginner so I might be doing things wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed your video! I pass Milton every day on my way to work, I'm sure I'll see you around sometime this summer :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the gears. I really enjoyed the video. I made it full screen and it felt like I was out for a ride... I can't wait for Wednesday!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you much for the pictures it helped me wire it up correctly.

(I first bought the ds version but then found out it wasn't suited for my bike, contacted the seller and they sent me out this X-type H02 hookup for my bike)

besides them sending me that lil red wire tap broken,.... i thankfully had one at my house.

I do not have a stand so i had to calibrate it on the road and it was so fast. I had 1st gear finished before i left my driveway.
-If you dont have a stand it lets you stop and even shift down so you can calibrate it on the road.-

Setup was a breeze and the gear indicator is awesome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This was a major PAIN IN THE ASS! Nobody mentioned the easily broken clips. :-( The pictures from the OP were very useful though.

·
Registered
426 Posts
nice video. Sadly that is the closest i get to riding these days. Weather out here
sux so bad.

as for the gears comment. i assume this is all 60km/h speeds. 4th gear is fine for that. Cant see how he is over-revving the bike when he is still only at 5k rpm. I am always in the 5k to 7k rpm range so at those speeds i would still be in 4th at most.

the only time i ever go to 5th and 6th is on the hwy and speeds are 80kp/h+
In 6th gear at 7k rpm i am doing almost 130kph so if your revs are higher there is something wrong with your bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the detailed wire information, it helped a lot. I just performed the installation (tight area to work with the wires). I'll have to calibrate it another time. Too cold to get out for a ride today :(

I thought this device would give me peace of mind while in 6th always looking for 7th on the HWY :p I have the habit (though already knowing im in 6th) to just want to make sure I don't have another gear. This will put that to rest i'm thinking...
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I thought this device would give me peace of mind while in 6th always looking for 7th on the HWY :p I have the habit (though already knowing im in 6th) to just want to make sure I don't have another gear. This will put that to rest i'm thinking...
:rolleyes:
I do the exact same thing Adventurestahl.....I went to Blue Monkey Motorsports (Formerly Cal-Sportbike) ::: HealTech Electronics, Speedo Healer, Pipercross air filters, Galfer, GIPro, X-TRE, OBD Tool, FI Tuner Pro and saved the checkout page in my bookmarks..next time i work some overtime...this is where its going to get spent

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where is the tach signal wire located/correct color? I can't seem to find a yellow wire with green stripe as mentioned in the instructions anywhere. The closest I can find is a green with yellow stripe. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's in the white molex plug. I think it looks blue with yellow stripe. Tough to get to, it tight in there. You really need to get the rubber boot up high... Look at the red splicer below.

Where is the tach signal wire located/correct color? I can't seem to find a yellow wire with green stripe as mentioned in the instructions anywhere. The closest I can find is a green with yellow stripe. Thanks in advance for the help.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts