Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my CBR back from Heli last week. Rode it today for an hour, and I like the bars a lot. The stock bars didn't bother me much, I'm 5-11, I thought they were pretty darned good. The Helibars are more comfortable, not the difference I see on my VFR1200, but the stock setup on the VFR was brutal on my wrists. Maybe the stock CBR bars were just less so?

Anywho, if you have any wrist or back complaints, these are a no brainer. Helibars hits the mark moving things around within tolerances, again. Nice job!

They have kept my stock bars, and indicate they may be develop a lower set for track use soon. I'll ride up and try them out if and when. I found the stock bars hard to duck down behind, would think a lower/shorter set would be handy on the track. Not that I do that . . .

Someone asked if the Helibars effected the mirrors' view at all - I can see my elbows as well as ever. Safe travels . . .

Good pics at www.helibars.com

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've got a pair of these on the way. I'm tending to death grip the OEM bars too much and throw too much weight on my wrists. I still have to learn to grip the tank with my knees as well.
Hopefully the Helibars will reduce the forward lean angle of my torso and take some weight off my wrists.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for the write up Slash2!
I've got mine out in the garage but haven't installed them yet. I'm a little worried about ruining the left grip pulling it off the old bar, so might just get a second set (of grips) to have on hand before swapping the bars. They look nice and hopefully will take some weight off my wrists.

·
Registered
8 Posts
HeliBars

I also just ordered a set. I read an article in 'Motorcyclist' and the rider stated the bars opened up the angle of his hips making the ergos more comfortable....makes sense to me. Can't wait!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Finally got around to installing my heli bars today and went for a short ride. They don't hugely affect the ergos, but certainly a noticeable difference and appear well made. I'll try to report back in a week or two to see if my hands notice a difference :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think you'll like them Soulbreeze. Again, just keep in mind they don't make a HUGE change, but noticeable. They're probably the best thing going as far as taller bars go without making MAJOR modifications.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am interested in those using the HeliBars with the stock windscreen. Specifically, is there a noticeable difference in where or how forcefully the wind blast hits the helmet/chest? Increased or decreased turbulence? The HeliBars don't grossly change the hand postion, but the stock bars have the windshield spitting the flow right up under the chin of my current helmet, with the consequence of directing every bit of dust, grit and sand into my eyes. So I am wondering how the HeliBars might alter the airflow to the helmet area. I am 5'10" tall.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Turbo,

That's kind of a tough question. Personally I recently added a laminar lip wind deflector. I had been using an OEM Honda touring screen but honestly I like the laminar lip better. It puts the wind blast right around eye level, perhaps a bit higher.
The Heli bars definitely allow me to sit a tad more upright - but I don't think it's a huge adjustment as far as where the wind hits. You can try (Carefully!) holding your bars more on your finger curl vs the area where your thumb attaches - that might give you an idea. Though, if you are more just worried about changing where the wind hits, a different screen would probably be a better option.

·
Registered
501 Posts
No, I was hoping I could kill two birds with one stone! Since my post I have tried holding my hands in a phantom postion to mimic the 1.5" rise and 1.25" pull-back, and you are right, there really is not enough diffence to change the where the wind hits. But I can tell I will like the sitting position more. I am thinking of getting a Saddlemen saddle, since sometimes the junk goes numb on long rides. Can you provide a link to the laminar lip? Is it clamp-on or drill, or choice?

·
Registered
296 Posts
~~
Here's the promised pics for Swiftnezz. I haven't gotten to ride it much yet with the new seat, but I can tell it's going to be all kinds of more comfortable on the crotch area. The pillion cover isn't stapled on yet. It comes with elastic around the base so I just pulled it over the seat and locked it back down. I'm sure pulling it tight and stapling it would get rid of the wrinkles.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
~~
Here's the promised pics for Swiftnezz. I haven't gotten to ride it much yet with the new seat, but I can tell it's going to be all kinds of more comfortable on the crotch area. The pillion cover isn't stapled on yet. It comes with elastic around the base so I just pulled it over the seat and locked it back down. I'm sure pulling it tight and stapling it would get rid of the wrinkles.
Thanks for the pics they look great :D Looks soo comfortable. I may have to pick me up a new seat, im sure my butt will thank me

·
Registered
501 Posts
Does anybody who has the Helibars also have a Puig racing windscreen installed? I have the Helibars ordered, and I was contemplating the Puig. It looks like the Puig is quite a bit taller than stock.

Which brings up an observation I made today. I had my bike steering column locked all the way to the left, with brake master cylinder/handlebar close to the upper right side of the stock wind screen. For the life of me I cannot visualize how the master cylinder area will clear the windscreen after being raised 1.5" and pulled back 1.25" by the Helibars. It looks like it would hit the windscreen when full-left lock raising these components even that small amount.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts