Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What part of ms are you from, I am in pearl, like they said you just got to go and sit on them. I was looking at a 300 or ninja 250 but went with the cbr250 because it was more comfortable than the others, just felt right. Got gear in Jackson has one repsol cbr250 left and u could prob pick up for pretty cheap.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I checked with GotGear - He said he would beat my local dealer just to try to make the sale, but couldn't go any lower. Its not worth the drive for just a small discount. So it looks like my local dealer will get my business (which is how it should be.)

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I checked with GotGear - He said he would beat my local dealer just to try to make the sale, but couldn't go any lower. Its not worth the drive for just a small discount. So it looks like my local dealer will get my business (which is how it should be.)

Thanks for the comments.

Well sorry it didn't work out, I am tired of looking at the bike every time I go to got gear. I wish you good luck and hope you find a smokin deal somewhere!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
It finally thawed out around here, so I was able to go check out a few machines today.

I looked at 4 bikes today:

2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 Special Edition
2014 Honda CBR500R
2013 Honda CBR250R
I also checked out the CBR600RR but not too seriously.

Here were my impressions:

The Ninja 300 - Looked awesome The suspension felt stiff. Price tag was over 5k out the door. (List was $5199US for the special edition.) The handle bars were higher than I expected them to be, but I still felt a bit uncomfortable in a normal riding position.

The CBR600RR - handle bars are too low for me, and there is a lot less seat than the others. The bike looked awesome, but I didn't think I would like to ride for long in that position. This one was not for me either.

The CBR250R - Looked really good, The suspension and seat felt better than the Ninja, and the bike felt light. Handle bars may have been a little taller than the Ninja, but not much. It was easy to throw a leg over. It felt like a nice bike to me overall. I liked the feel of it over the ninja.

The CBR500R - Looked very good, The seat was like a lounge chair compared to the others, and the handlebars were more upright and gave a really nice ride position. The weight of the bike felt just right. Not too heavy and not too light.

Well, My son was with me and he saw my face when I threw a leg over the 500. He said "Thats the one".

It only took a second on the 500 to know that was the bike for me. Overall, better riding position is what did it for me, as well as the extra weight. I got a bill of sale from the dealer and hopefully close the deal monday or tuesday, once I run by the bank.

Going with a 2014 Black CBR500R.

Thanks everyone for the input.

·
Registered
357 Posts
good move. sounds like the right bike for you. I rode the naked version and really liked it. power is pretty solid. and black is the fastest color, anyway...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts