Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
My name's Andy and I'm from OC, California. I recently bought a 2013 CBR 250R Repsol Edition with only 2000 miles on her. I'm going to be documenting work on the bike on My Youtube <--link to video. Please subscribe to my channel if you watch the video. It'll help me out a lot! Also my Instagram handle is boost2k if anyone wants to follow. Thanks and hello again to everyone! 馃憢
Below are a couple pictures I took on the day I bought it. I love this thing!!:

Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
Hello Andy
You bought the best motorcycle in the world [after the Honda Innova(CUB)], with the best forum ever. And thanks for sharing and the photos(Your motorcycle is like new), and thanks for your video(I already looking forward to seeing the following) ... By the way, cleaning the chain, the only time I cleaned the chain was also the last time. The chain in My Innova held 45,000 km, my "secret": lubricating every 200-500 km with SAE90 transmission oil, and of course keeping the right slack, and that's it.
P.S, I'm still using the same oil from 2011:
Liquid Automotive tire Bottle Plastic bottle Gas

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Andy
You bought the best motorcycle in the world [after the Honda Innova(CUB)], with the best forum ever. And thanks for sharing and the photos(Your motorcycle is like new), and thanks for your video(I already looking forward to seeing the following) ...
Thanks for the welcome! My chain could probably use an even better cleaning. The previous owner had it sitting outside under a shed for years and it developed some rust. Once clean I'm sure just some basic maintenance like you had mentioned will be more than enough to keep it in good running condition. Anyway, thanks for the welcome again, I'll see ya around!

Registered
FortNine has one of the best motorcycle channels, very good content, useful information, and excellent presentation.
Sometimes they are inaccurate and it is on the margins,
for example: It is not true that the oil escapes from the contact area between the chain and the sprockets (at 3:05).
Anyone can touch the arch of the sprockets and see that if it he cares off lubrication intervals every 200-500 km it will always be lubricated in this area.
Handwriting Gesture Rectangle Cake decorating supply Font

This time too FortNine perform a beauty of tests, and find that SAE90 gear oil(Generic and unbranded) is the best, and I add, the cheapest. I work with old gear oil I bought more than ten years ago, and it's still do the job.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Registered
Thank you! 馃檶

Thanks, Honda stuff is usually the best

Did you draw this just to explain your point? lol. Thanks for the advice!
Yes
Explaining in pictures and words is much more effective, and video has the benefits of video. For me both are for a hobby. As a creator I try to both entertain, and pinpoint the technical information, but I build mostly on entertainment.
Wait, I'll make a video for you .... just a minute ... or two. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts