Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***UPDATE***

I just swapped my deposit from the CBR250R to a new (old stock) 2009 CBR600RR/Abs.

I decided to spend the extra and ensure happiness rather than be slightly dissapointed (having come from bigger bikes).

CBR250R will stay on the radar though... the bike I almost bought.

~Cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice and congrats. Let everybody know how the ABS on the 250R works for ya. Im kind of interested as i've never had or ridden a bike with ABS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for reply. Hopefully I never have to test the ABS is an emergency.
My SV650SA had it and it turned me into an ABS believer.

Most cars have it, right? How often do we activate the ABS in our cars?

When I'm driving a car with ABS I know exactly how much force I am giving it at all times and I know at what point it's going to activate (even on ice); neither myself or anyone I know slams on the brakes in all driving situations because ABS has turned us into sloppy drivers with no feeling for braking. Why would this be different on a bike?

Perhaps I'm missing the point most try make.

I think Anti-ABS behaviour could almost be a form of ABS-Envy. I know this because when cars started coming out with ABS (yes, I'm that old) I was the guy who hated ABS in cars and would voice the opinion that "If drivers don't know how to pump the brakes they shouldn't be driving!"

I suppose that's why I find the ABS discussions in every forum so enjoyable.

~Cheers

***Edited to add***

ABS would be a big negative for stunters; I'm not a stunter. I do enjoy watching though... so yeah, ABS would definitely suck for this.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

congrats on the ABS type, i hope you will enjoy the ride and share the experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts