Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Hollister California . Im an old guy, been riding on and off for over 40 years. About two years ago I decided to get another bike to have some fun. I wanted to get a Suzuki TU250. I thought it would make a cool little cafe racer. They were going to have a california model for 2010 but they never did. Then the 2011 models came out still no california model. well thats there loss. when I saw the CBR250R I went down to my local Honda dealer, Hollister Honda which is one of two Honda Powerhouse dealers in the state. I told the salesman I wanted one and to call me when they came in. He did and I purchased a red/silver one for $3999.00 plus tax,lic & doc fee. about $4600.00 out the door. Now that i have had it for about a month I think I made a good decision. My first new bike was a 1967 Honda 305 scrambler . Its nice to be back on a Honda again.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
They were going to have a california model for 2010 but they never did. Then the 2011 models came out still no california model. well thats there loss.
Gidday moto vito
Interesting to see yet another old chappy, who has been riding for years, going for a quarter litre; it really is enough!

Like you I have been riding motor cycles since the '60s. I started on a CT90 in 1965. Except for a couple of years in Japan (2002-03), and my first year in England (1991), I have always owned or had the use of a motorcycle since then. But I am still learning.

So excuse my ignorance as a non-American, but what is meant by a "california model"?

·
Registered
681 Posts
California has very strict emissions standards so many vehicles have to take those into account. Some even release a special version for California so they can still release a better performing version in other US markets.

·
745 Posts
Hi Moto:

I'm another "older" member, riding since about the same amount of time , but with a long break in the middle. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it and will add your experience to the discussion!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Add me to the geezer list. I've had my bike for 2 months now, and it is the best one ever, going back to the 60's and including some larger twins. It helps that now I don't enjoy riding on one wheel at double the posted limit. Last fill up gave me 77.6 mpg, and I'm not quite up to first service. Honda has hit one out of the park. Again.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Been ridin since 85, started on a 81 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim. Is that long enough to get in the old guys club?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts