Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, my name is Brett M and im from Houston. I have a black '11 cbr250r. Growing up in a Harley family it was'nt my first choice but i figure its a great bike to learn on before i take the reigns of my 1200 sportster. So far i really enjoy the cbr, though getting used to riding a sport bike is an adjustment. Currently i have a few mods in mind and will post pics of both pf my bike soon. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Congrats on a good choice of bike. The 250 is an awesome bike that will bring you endless fun. I owned an HD for 3 years and yes, it was a Sportster. I find the 250 is more comfortable, certainly more nimble, responsive, and torquey. It is a light bike that sticks to the road and corners like a dream. You may find the cbr a keeper. Have you rode the Sporster? I come from an HD family as well, thankfully when I went roque and bought a sport bike I wasn't tossed from the fam lol:D Ride this quarter litre for a season or two and when you're ready to move up, skip the Sporster. They are considered entry level bikes as well, in HD world anyways. Street Bobs a nice ride, sporty looking as cruisers go.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Couldnt give me a Harley. When it comes time for your next bike I hope you look around and test ride as many as possible. Dont get sucked into the harley thing. I see them sitting at lights shaking like crazy. There slow and look like something out of the 50s Many are still carburated and air cooled. CRAZY And the price is right out of this world. RIPP OFF

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another 250 r in H town!!

I've been waiting for someone from Houston to pop up on here. If your interested in doing some riding with another 250 r give me a call. It's more fun to tool around with equally matched bikes. Welcome to forum.

Shawn
Cypress tx

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello all, my name is Brett M and im from Houston. I have a black '11 cbr250r. Growing up in a Harley family it was'nt my first choice but i figure its a great bike to learn on before i take the reigns of my 1200 sportster. So far i really enjoy the cbr, though getting used to riding a sport bike is an adjustment. Currently i have a few mods in mind and will post pics of both pf my bike soon. Thanks.
Hi Brett I live in Houston, too & I also have a black CBR250R(A). What modifications are you thinking of doing? Performance-related, and/or for looks or sound? We love specifics! Be Specific!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've been waiting for someone from Houston to pop up on here. If your interested in doing some riding with another 250 r give me a call. It's more fun to tool around with equally matched bikes. Welcome to forum.

Shawn
Cypress tx
I see I'm not the only one from Houston, TX. And I actually live in the Cypress area. Barker Cypress and 290. :)

My buddies and I plan on going riding, not this weekend, but next. You should join.

Matt - PM for my number.

·
Registered
504 Posts
And another Houstonian. :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow I havent checked this post in a while. Yeah nothing will stray me from harley lol. Its a family thing, and my sportster is chopped up, hardtail and all. I do love the cbr, but my love of harley is in my blood. Grandpa was greaser, dad is a gearhead, and im a bit of a closet greaser i guess. Love bobs and chops. Thanks for the welcome and to my fellow Houstonians, i hope to see you on the roads soon.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Brett I live in Houston, too & I also have a black CBR250R(A). What modifications are you thinking of doing? Performance-related, and/or for looks or sound? We love specifics! Be Specific!

I have painted my exhaust heat shield matte black, and installed the hotbodies fender eliminator so far. Im still trying to decide what exhaust system to get, although I am leaning towards FMF. Yoshi is expensive and over rated in my book. And tomorrow I think im going to tint my windscreen very dark. Also want to get my wheels powdercoated a flat bright green. If anyone knows who can paint cheap for me let me know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Northwest Houston right here! Been waiting on a meet up. Hope it goes down soon. I'm on red 11' cbr 250r. Only thing I've done is add a yoshimura slip on exhaust. Love it. PM me if anything goes down. Would be great to hang out with other 250's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts