Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone, I just got my red/silver CBR250R from the dealer 3 days ago. They received two of them, the other one black, and both are non-abs. I really like the bike compared to my 2010 Ninja 250R but I haven't decided which one I like better because they both have pros/cons. I need a few more days of riding time on the new bike before I post a ride report.

I went to the dealership today for some accessories and it looks like the black one is still available. Unfortunately, while parked in front, someone backed into the bike and knocked it over on it's left side. The damage is mainly cosmetic: the cowl area near the headlight, the lower fairing panel, both turn signal lights, foot peg, kickstand, the hand grip, and the clutch lever. I'm going to have the dealer replace everything through the other person's insurance but who knows when these parts will be available. Luckily the damage is not too noticeable and i'm able to ride it although it doesn't seem to downshift properly now.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Lerrie isn't this one of the benefits of living in L.A.? Sorry about the knock down, you are lucky they did not drive away.
Normally that should not affect shifting, did you check the shift lever? There is also usually some linkage from the lever to the gearbox I would give a look at. If the lever runs next to a frame it could get tweaked and rub. The rub may happen in only one direction of shifting. Sorry about the trouble, but I am glad to hear the bikes are getting closer. Ride safe.

·
Registered
928 Posts
That sucks. Years ago my brand new Suzuki VX800 got ran over in a parking lot. Only had 68 miles on it. Ended up costing me the 500 deductible as they totaled it. Driver had no license or insurance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Brian, I saw on another post that you were getting your bike from the Simi dealership. Have you ever considered the dealership in North Hollywood where you live? That's where I got mine and they still have a black non-ABS available. I found out today that everyone on the waiting list is holding out for the ABS model.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lerrie, congrats for your bike. Ride hard, Ride safe!!!
And I am really sorry to hear about the bike fall. Hope you are able to get her back into shape ASAP... :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Lerrie, I considered it, but they bought that bike for a demo. Then every body there took it for a test ride. It only has about 6 miles on it as of a week and a half ago. But here is a bike they dont personally own, and everybody wants to know 'what it can do'. I have dealt with this dealer ship, and choose not to. Hollywood is their sister store, I dont go there with any serious intention of buying.
I am taking my vtx to simi to sell, and after I talk to them I may contact another dealer I have talked with. Thanks for the consideration. I want to get one soon.

Is your bike shifting ok?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bike is down shifting properly. I'm so used to the ninja 250r where you need to pull in the shift lever in further. The cbr250r seems to only need a slight squeeze to down shift. It's probably just my inexperience as a new rider. I only got the ninja a few weeks before the cbr because I was so impatient for the cbr to finally arrive. Either way, I'm having a blast with both bikes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts