Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i am waiting for my mid April delivery of the Red Ruby ABS CBR250r. however the price here in malaysia is very expensive. i bought it for rm23,500 or abt USD7,759.79 despite we are neighbours with Thailand...

·
Registered
131 Posts
your paying much more for a CBR250R than those in USA, but it's not as bad what some people are paying in other countries. Some are paying up to $9 000 USD for the CBR250R.

So far it seems people in North America are paying the least, I bet India and Thailand have their price close to the North American price.

·
281 Posts
Many countries have severe import duties which can increase the price dramatically. In Ecuador, the import duty for cars and motorcycles is about 100%. A Chevy Camaro costs $60,000 ! The CBR250 will be $9,000. Needless to say, you don't see many American built cars or Japanese motorcycles in Ecuador. India will actually have a better price on the CBR250R than here in the U.S. due to the fact that the bike is manufactured in India. The Kawasaki will have a severe pricing disadvantage because they are imported from Japan or Thailand.......

·
Registered
131 Posts
Many countries have severe import duties which can increase the price dramatically. In Ecuador, the import duty for cars and motorcycles is about 100%. A Chevy Camaro costs $60,000 ! The CBR250 will be $9,000. Needless to say, you don't see many American built cars or Japanese motorcycles in Ecuador. India will actually have a better price on the CBR250R than here in the U.S. due to the fact that the bike is manufactured in India. The Kawasaki will have a severe pricing disadvantage because they are imported from Japan or Thailand.......
Valid point on India, almost little or no fee's for transporting the bikes. Same goes for Thailand.

I wonder what the CBR250R India price is, as well as the CBR250R Thailand price. It would actually be a good thing if we gather all the prices people are paying for the CBR250R world wide, just to compare.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
The CBR250R in Thailand is about 110,000 baht / $US 3,700. Designed and manufactured in Thailand, obviously it does not attract the taxes imposed on similar sized imported motorcycles. I am surprised that it costs so much in neighboring ASEAN countries. Maybe import tax concessions allowed on other products do not extend to motorcycles.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it's considered as an ASEAN CBU, but the taxing structure still high at almost 70% + the dealership cutthroat another RM2k / USD700, which they claimed as Documentation fee... as the number is limited, one have no choice or limited choice. the Kawi 250 is more expensive... which doesnt make sense at all.. oh btw my dealer called me just now, my Red Ruby ABS had arrived...

·
281 Posts
Naaim, your initial thoughts and ride report please...we all anxiously await. Start a new thread for "New Owner Ride Report"

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the shop already called... the bike'd arrived last saturday.. this afternoon i am going there.. so will snap a few pics and post it here.. documentation process will take long, as the local dealership is very new to imported CBU.. the 1st bike was delivered in 2 weeks after the shop got it delivered. hope mine will be faster.. :pray::pray::pray:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is my bike....

The consignment sheet

DO

Meter, Odo meter reading 1km. ABS light's ON!

Front ABS System

The cables, in front of the radiator

Rear ABS System

Close up of the Rear ABS sensor & slotted disc for the sensor

520VF DID chain

·
281 Posts
I think the bike looks great! Thanks for sending out your detailed photos. Nice for all of us to see..........We will look forward to your initial ride report!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
great pictures! Am I reading that right...your bike is the 11th!
it's the 11th ABS. coded as CBR250RAB

this is my friend's. his 250 is a standard, coded as CBR250RB,is the 32nd standard version, in malaysia

1 - 17 of 17 Posts