Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello CBR250r Monstors! i'm family now =D

Below is my story... so if you want a good read, by all means, lets begin!

As a kid i've always thought of owning a motorcycle. Now, i've bought one.
Like most non experienced riding noobs, i took the MSF course.
I almost walked away from the dealership w/ a 2013 kawi ninja 300; but thought deeply about my choice to be made, and chose the CBR250r. Boy, the expression and enthusiasm from Dave (the dealer dood) was priceless: he (knowing i just finished the MSF course the week before) says,

"HOT DAMM YOU MADE THE BEST CHOICE SON!!! KNOWING MOST SQUIDS WHO COME IN HERE W/O TAKING ANY CLASSES BUT HAVE RIDDEN DIRT BIKES, OF FRIENDS FOR OH SAY 1 DAY? WALK AWAY W/ 650-1000CC BIKES. GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!" he gave me a final WHAP on the back, a jackhammer handshake , and sent me off.

I've ridden for now about 5 months, loving my best investment EVAR!!! I can honestly say, i've driven my RAV4 only about a handfull of times since the purchase.

This site caught my attention some months ago, and waited for the perfect time to introduce and post.

NOW, is the best time.
Late last week i received my akrapovic carbon slip on. Man, was this going to be a sweet first mod to post w/ pics.
when i say received, it was slightly/barely used from a seller on ebay (i had to take his word for it at his price). all the pieces there EXCEPT the graphite gasket p-g11. that SOB is NOT sold on ebay, amazon (the 2 sites where mail expediting would be an option), and certainly not on craigslist. i've gone to a couple dealerships where they could have ordered it and delivered, but woulda taken at least a week to arrive.

We all have that feeling when your hearts set on something, you want it there and now, right?

Well, i've browsed countless sites (including this and others of different bikes) where my question was, "is reusing the stock gasket ok?"
More than less forums agreed it was "ok". So i thought, "ok."
Wham, bam, thank you ma'am, i installed the piece. And what a piece it was.
I've ridden it w/ no problems just crusing down side streets, expressways, but not so much freeways).

So today was just another spoiled mans California day weather: sunshine, a warmer than typical morning for January, and great traffic flow. all ingredients to RIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE.
Just minutes before reaching destination JOB, i gunned it down the expressway when suddenly the sound to my exhaust amplifies 5x. I thought "holy crap, did the baffle just fly off?!". So i pull around the corner to park, check it out and have a cigg. While dismounting, a van pulled in front of me, rolled down the window and goes, "DOOD!!! YOUR EXHAUST JUST BLASTED OFF YOUR BIKE! IT ROLLED OFF TO THE SIDE! YOU MIGHT WANT TO GO GET IT!!"

i ran.
i hella ran.
i ran with that cigerette falling into my jacket - leaving a burnt cherry mark on my favorite shirt.

when i got to where he said it was... it was gone.
somebody, stopped, and took my exhaust. they took my exhaust. on the expressway. where there's 30-35mph traffic in the mornings.
WHO DOES THAT?!
who does that :( really. who does that.

welp. w/ that said, i just ordered a yoshimura carbon slip-on! yay!

have a great day guys!

bikes&roku.jpg

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

firstBIke.jpg

·
Registered
200 Posts
Pepperz, welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your exhaust , Major Bummer.!:eek: I have the stainless Akropovic and love it, mine attaches to the rearset by a bolt, so i cant see how it would blow off, maybe the carbon slip-on mounts differently. Hate thieves:mad: Hope your new exhaust comes soon, sounds good and you have no more episodes like this, Welcome again to the forum:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome!

Wonder how all the drivers behind you felt when that exhaust blew right off behind you...

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the weather as much as I am!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Great corgi!

Welcome to the forum, nice bike, and a really great corgi! The picture below is of beloved Andy, ball catcher expert, who went to doggie heaven recently and I now have 10-week old Jasper. I'll try to get a picture of Jasper and my 250.

andy_trailer.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx guys for the welcome!

@meekmade
Wonder how all the drivers behind you felt when that exhaust blew right off behind you...
i'm sure everybody didn't really care it being Friday and people just wanted to go to work and go home!

@Arrethul I'd love to ride along some hill/mountain sides there during a nice clean crispy winter!! Lake Tahoe is a seriously a lovely place =)

@Tricolo_CenCal aww man! rip Andy. He looks so happy and smiley in your pic (not to mention super clean) =( i know i'll be very sad to see Roku (my doggie) go =( hope to see pics of Jasper soon =D

I wonder if there's a Moto&Pet pic of the month! if not, maybe that'll be a nice contest to start.

·
Registered
830 Posts
That defined a bad morning...If it wasn't Friday 13th, it should have been.
Happy for all of you who have warmer weather...It's 14.2 degrees here in SE Tennessee this morning, and I've almost talked myself into taking the car...
Anyway, welcome to the forum!
Tricolor...so sorry about Andy...people who don't have pets don't understand how bad that can hurt...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Welcome! You will love this community.

Tips? Get a 13T front sprocket, you will enjoy the torque. Also, wear all safety gear all the time and ride fun but safe. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've been reading from other threads about that Juzman - getting a 13T front sprocket. i'm gonna try searching youtube after posting this to see if there's any film in the torque difference. it kinda sucks being the last motorcycle to take off when there's 2-3 others at the front of the red light LOL =)

·
Registered
41 Posts
i've been reading from other threads about that Juzman - getting a 13T front sprocket. i'm gonna try searching youtube after posting this to see if there's any film in the torque difference. it kinda sucks being the last motorcycle to take off when there's 2-3 others at the front of the red light LOL =)

eh... I just don't care. I take my time, nice and easy... If you want a 13 tooth, fine.. I went the other way and I really don't feel any difference at moving along. =^.^= Welcome to the forum, and I must say that is one scary dog there ^.^ and that I have seen that suzuki building behind you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts