Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have been a big fan of the CBR250 ever since Honda announced that they are bringing the bike to the US. Couldn't believe it. Although I already have a bike in the garage (Ducati S2R1000), I've thought about getting a low maintanence ligh weight bike for commuting. The CBR250 fits the bill perfectly.

Recently, my wife got her motorcycle endorsement and I began searching for the right bike for her. She doesn't like cruiser and others are too tall for her. Since she prefers the CBR250 over the Ninja, the choice was obvious. However, there aren't any CBR250 to be had... It's seems that all 2011 in the Pacific NW are gone.

That is.... until the past week, I found a trade in with under 1000 miles. Some guy bought it as a first bike and quickly grew out of it. He traded it in for a 600RR. So I will soon be a proud owner of a nearly-new red CBR250R in my garage. So very excited. I will read up in the forum and figure out what mods I want to do. Not sure if I want to get an exhaust yet but a seat cowl and frame sliders are definitely in the cards. :D

Cheers,

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Naked_Duc (Tony)
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Red
2011 Honda CBR250R - Red

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The CBR crew in Seattle is growing!

There are two brand new CBR250R's w/o ABS in either color at South bound Honda near Tacoma. Both have been there a while, in fact Joey called me recently to try and sell one of them to me. They seem to be a pretty decent dealership and I wish I waited to buy a bike from them, but they didn't have the ABS model. A certain Renton dealer momentarily had the right bike and bent me over when I bought it. That's what I get for being impulsive, but I also got nearly 8,000 miles of fun and learning so far! I have also heard great things about an Issaquah dealer.

If I had the opportunity again, I would buy the non-ABS. It is much easier to check valve clearance on and probably doesn't have the same ABS mess interfering with the triple clamp hole so I can't use a front lift stand. I have yet to activate the ABS, but I usually leave lots of space. I also practice braking hard at all speeds wet and dry, gravel etc.

Well anyway, welcome again to the board.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hello from Seattle also, we should have a Seattle meet this spring. And I got mine from RMC maybe 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. My local dealer only got two I bought one and the other is still sitting there much to my surprise. They cant sell it and its a vary large dealer.It was vary late in the summer when they got in in though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the bike, have you been able to ride it much?

I'm closer to the Everett area with my 250 and have only been able to get out on weekends when the weather is a little more cooperative.

If some kind of meet gets developed, keep me in the loop. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts