Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - i've been visiting this forum for a couple of weeks now and wanted to add my two cents to the forum. I am waiting on a red cbr ABS from a dealer here in Ontario. I too have been told "april" by the dealer. It seems like many of you have been told the same thing, or worse!

The weather here has been up and down, with alot of salt and gravel still on the roads, so i suppose waiting a few more weeks is not all that bad. Still, it would be good to know when it will arrive. As far as I have seen, no Canadian dealers have done an official launch for the 250r, unlike in the UK or USA.
Many of you have wondered about the potential delay due to the terrible situation in Japan. I suspect it will affect delivery for models that were not built before the tsunami on March 11, as likely a good proportion of the parts are sourced from Japan. I have read on other sites that North American models are coming exclusively from Thailand, and with a typical 4-6 week transit time to North America, those of you (myself included) who put a deposit on the initial dealer order should be ok, but who knows. That said, my dealer has been pretty vague. Hopefully it will all work out in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome aboard RiverGuide!
Maybe we can go for a ride once our bikes arrive.
Who is your dealer? Just wondering if we used the same one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome and thanks for sharing! Where have there been official launch(es) in the USA?
Thats what im wondering too. Never heard of the Honda CBR250R launched in USA as yet, soon maybe?

The Japan quake has me feeling everything to do with the CBR250R is pushed to a later date.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to say hi on this post. I'm in London, Ontario and planning on getting the CBR250r for my first bike. I'm super excited! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all. I live about 2 hours west on London, Ontario in Michigan. One hour from the Port Huron, Sarnia, Ontario bridge. My wife and I have been to London, Ontario. Very nice city. I love going over to Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey there! I'm in Windsor myself. Got the CBR 2 weeks ago as my first bike. Looking forward to taking the training course at the end of April to make sure I am using the proper techniques.

Here's hoping you get you all get your bikes sooner than expected!

- Jeremy

57 Posts
Riding in Streetsville for the last 3 weeks, every day, rain, snow and freezing temps! This bike does not miss a beat! I learned how to ride one morning during rush hour in the snow and have not looked back since!!!

Wouldnt mind getting together for a ride with some others in the GTA ! lemme know

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts