Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Long time motorcross rider and first time road bike rider here in Western Australia. Been thinking about getting a road bike for a while and finally decided on the CBR. Placed a deposit on a black 2011 model today and going for my permit in the morning. Freaking excited and can't wait to get it!

Alex

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Well done Alex, can highly recommend the H.A.R.T. course here in WA (if they still run it),
New or old riders on the road can always learn a few tricks to staying upright out there on the asphalt, run by Police rider trainers and they are a great help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind comments guys. Got my permit today so really excited, just got to take delivery now!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also noticed that the Aussie bikes have the passing light switch installed, might have to turn it into a garage door opener...

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I also noticed that the Aussie bikes have the passing light switch installed, might have to turn it into a garage door opener...
Yeah its on every bike Ive ever had.. not too sure of the use for it lol.
I like the switchblocks tho.

Did your dealer offer the ABS model at all?.. just wondering if they are in WA yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently it's used to signal the car in front that you are about to overtake them but nobody does it :) I think the US bikes don't have it...

To be honest, I didn't ask if they had any ABS models as I wanted the normal version. I'm getting mine from West Coast Honda in Joondalup. Do you have a CBR250?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Apparently it's used to signal the car in front that you are about to overtake them but nobody does it :) I think the US bikes don't have it...

To be honest, I didn't ask if they had any ABS models as I wanted the normal version. I'm getting mine from West Coast Honda in Joondalup. Do you have a CBR250?
No CBR yet, waiting for a red ABS. I'm in the country on the south coast.

Enjoy your post purchase satisfaction and remember the cars are out to get you. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah thats cool, If I hear anything from my dealer I'll let you know man! Can't have ya waiting too long.

I can't wait for mine, it was a tough decision to go with the black but it looks meaner :) going to be a bitch to keep clean though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts