Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My name is Nicole and I may be a new owner of a beautiful black 2012 CBR250 tomorrow! I am VERY excited. It's non ABS which is really the only bummer, but it's only got 2500 miles on it and it's been well taken care of, stored in a heated garage, and the guy is willing to store it there until the snow melts for $3200.00.

A little about me. I am 40 and just started riding last Spring. I took the MSF course and everything. My dad surprised me with a 1983 Honda Shadow 500 for my 40th Birthday, which was just awesome of him!

Unfortunately, I could never get comfortable with it. I went and sat on the cbr and it just felt so well balanced and compact. I really WANT to hone my skills and get comfortable with motorcycling! I'm one of those people that must always drive a manual transmission because I love the control of it.

I'm hoping she's the bike for me!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome, Irish Alyce, from Seattle!

Packers fan? Or do you prefer my Seahawks? :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Welcome to the club and congrats on your new bike. If you're anything like me then put a few miles on it and you'll feel like a kid again.

Best, from Auckland NZ

·
Registered
830 Posts
Welcome from Chattanooga, Tn...While some folks like the cruiser seating, I've never felt in control sitting on my tailbone with my feet stuck out in front....You're gonna LOVE this bike...hope it works out...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Packers...well yeah, BUT I'm sort of a 'fair weather fan'. Seahawks I consider related to us...LOL sort of like cousins.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm not an owner yet, but I went and checked it out today during my lunch break and she looks perfect. :) I'm just dying to take her out on the road.

Question for you guys/gals, the seating is so different then what I'm used to. Everyone raves about how ergonomic it is to ride but it seems like you would be putting all your weight on your wrists. I must be wrong? I'm used to buckhorn handlebars almost straight out in front of me. LOL

I told the guy I'd make my decision by Tuesday. I'm really trying to think everything through as much as possible. Until a little while ago I was convinced that a Triumph Bonneville was going to be my next motorcycle. Now, I'm taking a step back from where I started (size wise) just to really build confidence and nail down my skills. Honestly I think the little CBR is probably quicker than my old Honda despite engine size! It's really hard to balance the mind/heart when it comes to bikes. I do think the CBR is pretty sexy too.

Someday, maybe I'll have my CBR and a Bonneville sharing garage space!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
^ I would be very surprised if you place any weight on your wrists. I've done a 1000km (600 mile) overnight trip with short stops for gas - this bike is very capable.

Anyways, keep us posted on what you decide to do.

·
Banned
31 Posts
I am 5'8 with shorter than avg arms. I find myself having to really use my abs to not slouch and lean my weight on my wrists. Though prob way better positioning than most sport bikes if we can call the cbr that. And my abs will thank me later!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
321 Posts
Welcome to the forums (and soon the club) from SoCal. No weight on the wrists issues to report here. Very comfortable ergonomics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome Nicole from NY. I know what you mean about only manuals, I drive an 06 Acura TL manual, and I love that thing! I cannot look at any car without it being a manual. Good luck on your decision, and safe riding :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nicole, welcome to the group, hello from another Seahawk fan:) hope you get your CBR . One thing that might cinch the Deal, Find a twisty road, Take the Shadow thru there, then take the CBR, I bet WE all know which will leave a Bigger Smile on your Face:D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome Nicole!

On the whole wrist thing, I don't think anyone suggested holdin' some of your weight by squeezing the tank with your legs yet. I'm pretty light on the hands/wrists, because you don't need to be heavy on them, especially on this bike, it's so upright compared to other sport bikes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts