Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. As the title suggests, I joined to do some recon on the 250. I haven't decided whether or not to go with this or the Kawi 250, but I'm leaning more towards the CBR because of its better looks, more modern components, and better fuel economy.

Right now, I own a couple of bikes as depicted below: an '05 EX500 that is my current daily driver and a God-knows-what-year CT100 that spends most of its time as a trike. As powerful as the EX500 is, I find myself wasting a lot of its potential. That's my story, and I'm hoping I can glean a lot of knowledge on whether or not the CBR is the perfect daily workhorse/occasional track rider/weekend spirited canyon carver for me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If the dealers in your area allow for test rides take both of them out. I had the same question Ninja or CBR. After test riding both bikes the CBR fits me better, I am 6'4". The EFI sounded better than messing with a choke and carbs. That was my two major selling points, better MPG was a bonus. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a bit of soul searching, I put a deposit on this baby:

Goodbye, Terra, my blue steed. Welcome, Mara.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think you made the right choice. Better style, less maintenance, better drivability, better fuel economy to name a few.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

After a stint at topanga canyon and 80 mile, 80 MPH cruise, Mara is finally home. Man, she is one flickable little bigger. She has plenty of oomph for freeway riding so I don't know what the big deal is. If anything, the clutch is gonna take some getting used to. I find it notchy on downshifts.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Finally someone in So Cal with a CBR 250R. I was starting to think they were only sold in Australia, Canada and the Mid West. Welcome and have fun!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess the only reason why there's aren't many of us here is a lot of these folks upgrade quickly. The seller only put 3500 miles on it in the short amount of time he owned it before upgrading to a 650R. I did the opposite, going from an EX500 to the CBR2. I love it. This bike really keeps me busy.

The difference between the CT100 and the other bikes is that the CT makes me money. 20 pesos per person. :p

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like the 100 is the only bike I have left. My CBR was stolen last night at my parents' condo in Diamond Bar. Filing reports and claims right now... Good thing I have comprehensive.

·
1,305 Posts
Hey that's almost worth losing mine.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts